Re: Crashes unacceptable

by KonichiwaPunpun

Original Post

★★★★★ Novice

I just had the message "anti cheat not running" after restarting the game

Is easy anti cheat crashing and closing the game? Or detecting false positives and closing the game?

Message 61 of 116 (811 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Apprentice

Respawn's post on Reddit talking about "working on crashes".
Hope they're talking about the CTD crashes with no error messages and not only the DirectX, AMD Phenom or "Party Leader Quit" crashes.

Message 62 of 116 (795 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@KonichiwaPunpunFrom looking at the thread, the only thing we're getting this week is a developer update. Yay.

Message 63 of 116 (765 Views)

★★★ Novice
Yeah I dont normally post to anything, but these responses got me triggered. c^^,) I get these crashes as well, no error code. I hear constantly about people with trouble with either connection and/or crashes. I almost feel like posting another worthless dxdiag but you wont even look at it will you? ><
Message 64 of 116 (752 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@EA_Darko wrote:

Given that most users are not having any issues with the game @BowToUrKing12 then this would point to a system issue.

If you want help then we are happy to do whatever we can but first, you will need to provide us with some information as to your platform, the exact issue and what steps, if any you have tried.

Darko

2/3 of the people I know are crashing, and my group of friends has given up with the assumption that in a month or two it'll be fixed.  We don't have the same systems, the same OS, live in the same country and we don't have other games crashing nearly every match like this.  I understand his tone was unreasonable, but seeing this response is really disheartening to people who are being pretty reasonable and just want to use your product and, in all likelihood, spend money.

Here's some data if the 500+ response post didn't already have enough:

CPU: 4690k

RAM: 32GB DDR3@1866 (funny story, I actually forgot I had put 32 in this system until I just checked to be sure I was giving accurate info)

Disk: 

OS Disk: Samnsung SSD 840 PRO, 256GB

Game Disk: Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB

GPU: AMD RX480 (8GB) x2  (Disabled Crossfire, disabled FreeSync in hopes it would help)

Windows 10 Pro
Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134

I have tried, from memory (so I've probably tried more than this):

Disabled Freesync and Crossfire

VSYNC: Tried Disabled, Dynamic, and the default of Triple

Window Mode: Full and Borderless

Reduced VRAM setting in game to 6GB from 8GB

Reduced each setting one level below default

Tried the in game frame targeting to 60

Disabled AA where possible

Tried out of game frame limiting to 60

Closed software that I believed may compete for resources, including OneDrive and the like

Updated Drivers to the newest available from AMD, which specifically mentions support for the game

The game will freeze for approximately 1-3 seconds (I haven't timed it) before closing to desktop without an error.  This can happen while loading in to a game, in the middle of the game, standing still, moving... I've yet to see much of a pattern. 

Event viewer greets me with a bad module info APPCRASH, and generates the attached Report.wer. (which I've renamed to TXT so I can upload it - don't worry, it's still just text anyway)

Software that *is* running:

Origin

Discord

Logitech Gaming Software

Intel RST

Samsung Magician

Realtek HD Audio Manager

Sound Blaster X-FI MB3

Radeon Settings

iCue

Corsair Link

Cybereason Ransomfree

Message 65 of 116 (733 Views)

★ Apprentice

I found out my drivers were from 2017 and got excited thinking that was the problem. download a fresh 2019 one, got a new gpu settings tray and everything, could even see a slight fps increase but my game still crashes for no reason. always happens in the good matches with nice teammates too.

I theorize that there is a setting conflicting with the settings in the game making it crash when the game doesn't know which to pick. like having a v sync setting enabled on your computer and having the one in game enabled as well. gonna keep messing with my settings and try to find a solution for myself since ea isn't reliable 

Message 66 of 116 (719 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@thewarrioroflost wrote:

I found out my drivers were from 2017 and got excited thinking that was the problem. download a fresh 2019 one, got a new gpu settings tray and everything, could even see a slight fps increase but my game still crashes for no reason. always happens in the good matches with nice teammates too.

I theorize that there is a setting conflicting with the settings in the game making it crash when the game doesn't know which to pick. like having a v sync setting enabled on your computer and having the one in game enabled as well. gonna keep messing with my settings and try to find a solution for myself since ea isn't reliable 

Meanwhile I have 2019 drivers but EA tells me to roll-back to previous versions.
This is such a mess.

Message 67 of 116 (695 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Trying it in borderless windowed mode, maybe that helps

Message 68 of 116 (670 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Have tried borderless windowed and fps cap, neither worked.

Message 69 of 116 (660 Views)

★ Apprentice

PSA: Guys if your game is crashing mid game and force closing then bringing you to your desktop with an error message or no error message then I have some crappy news.... Messing with in game settings isn't going to do anything. There is a serious underlying issue with the game that they either know about and are trying to fix (but for some reason haven't told us) or have no idea how to fix it. The crash is random. You could play for an hour with 0 crashes or crash 5 times in 5 games. Buckle up. This is why it's so frustrating because it's like hitting a dead end. "Wait so there's literally no fix for this?" No. Not at the moment.

Having said this, I have tried nearly everything possible to fix it nothing seems to work.

Message 70 of 116 (622 Views)