Re: Crashes unacceptable

by KonichiwaPunpun

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Crashes unacceptable

★★ Apprentice

Bragging about hitting 25 million huh? Gonna be quite short if you guys dont fix this *. Game runs and plays fine then random crashing mid game with no error code, done everything under the sun to try and get this running. Pathetic that we have to do everything to try and make this * work. It's ridiculous how we don't have an awnser from anyone about this. Shame that we as players have to go through this unacceptable bs. 

Message 1 of 116 (4,970 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Hey all, if you are continuing to see issues would you mind taking some time to go through the various troubleshooting steps in this help thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Community-Crashing-Troubleshooting-Guide/td-p/7447308

Accepting this post as the solution for visibility.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 75 of 116 (4,476 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Given that most users are not having any issues with the game @BowToUrKing12 then this would point to a system issue.

If you want help then we are happy to do whatever we can but first, you will need to provide us with some information as to your platform, the exact issue and what steps, if any you have tried.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 116 (4,922 Views)

★ Guide
And this response from the community manager, ladies and gentleman, shows that they are not gonna fix this issue any time soon because they are already making more than enough money from those who don't have any crash issues. Sad thing is this game is awesome and i still want to play it so bad and don't want to quit.

Thousands of people encounter crashing issues. I believe at least 50% of them already tried every solution there is on the pinned thread but no, the problem is on our system. Thank you community manager EA_Darko.
Message 3 of 116 (4,907 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
Nice drive by post mr. community manager. Very helpful for all that people(thousands) with wildly different pc specifications having like 2 exact same issues to know that it's their system, and not something with the game. You have 2 ~50 pages threads that provided you with information about platforms and steps people tried.
People are now making new ones for a reason...
Message 4 of 116 (4,898 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Quoting a post from another thread:

@CroLudi wrote:

Both my friend (rx 580, i5 8350k) and me (gtx 1070ti, i5 8600k) tried the "+fps_max 100" line and it still keeps crashing. Later in the day we will try to adjust the virtual memory. I also heard somewhere that increasing the FOV (filed of view) causes crashes, so it's best to set video settings to default.

Things we tried that didn't work for us:

- disable GPU, CPU and RAM OC

- set everything to low

- reinstall game to SSD/HDD

- install latest BIOS

- windowed mode/borderless window mode

- set apex compatibility to windows 7 (we have windows 10)

- disable full screen optimisation

- reinstall/repair game/origin

- repair anti cheat

- try out both 1803 and 1809 windows builds

- he tried out 3-4 latest AMD drivers, I tried out 3 latest Nvidia drivers

- disable all background overlays, after that we disabled all those apps (discord, msi afterburner,...)

- disable origin in-game and overlay together with the overlay exclusively for apex in the game settings menu inside origin

- set origin/apex to run as administrator

- in the Nvidia drivers i set apex power management mode to high performance, maximum pre-rendered frames to 1, enable all cuda cores, enabled threaded optimisation, turned v-sync on/off

- can't remember anything else...

Do you still think it's a system problem, Mr Community Manager?

In over a decade of PC gaming I've NEVER had a similar problem in any game, and if the problem is with our system, why is there no error code? It's the developers' duty to provide reasons why the game simply closes randomly in-game so we can solve the issue for ourselves and give you guys more money. A lot of people posted their DxDiags on the main thread. Tell me what you think about it: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Apex-legends-crashing-without-error/td-p/7421009/highligh...

Message 5 of 116 (4,836 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I too have tried every fix under the sun. Gone through multiple threads and videos online and nothing works. Every other game in my library works perfectly but this one but nope it must be my system. I bet if Shroud had this issue they would be working frantically to fix it. In the end of the day this is still EA the most hated gaming company around who gives 0 f*cks about its player base. Why they even hire a community manger is beyond me as he does sweet nothing. Sit on your bum all day and get a free income. Must be nice......

Message 6 of 116 (4,799 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Are you for real? Do you realize that the technical issues forum has 9600 posts while the second most used one has 2200? My game is crashing randomly while I play, two of my friends can't event connect. It is certainly unacceptable
Message 7 of 116 (4,782 Views)

★ Apprentice

@EA_Darko 

I also have these crash issues and some of my friends too. Please don't say that "most users" dont have any issues.

There are several Posts about this problem in this Forum:

almost 50pages:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Apex-legends-crashing-without-error/td-p/7421009/highligh...

12 pages:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Apex-legends-crashing-mid-game/td-p/7426735/highlight/fal...

and alot more... you can even find it on reddit 

https://de.reddit.com/r/apexlegends/comments/anfbx8/game_freezes_and_crashes_without_any_error_messa...

https://de.reddit.com/r/apexlegends/comments/aopt1p/please_for_the_love_of_god_for_the_first_feature...

So don't talk like that, it makes me really mad because this problem is really frustrating for us.

I love this game and the Team behind Respawn and i really want to enjoy this game, but i can't...

Message 8 of 116 (4,779 Views)

★ Apprentice

https://clips.twitch.tv/ConcernedWimpyCamelPastaThat

Maybe if it keeps happening to big streamers then we can have a fix

Message 9 of 116 (4,729 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@OblivionReloaded wrote:

I too have tried every fix under the sun. Gone through multiple threads and videos online and nothing works. Every other game in my library works perfectly but this one but nope it must be my system. I bet if Shroud had this issue they would be working frantically to fix it. In the end of the day this is still EA the most hated gaming company around who gives 0 f*cks about its player base. Why they even hire a community manger is beyond me as he does sweet nothing. Sit on your bum all day and get a free income. Must be nice......

The community manager on the main thread asked for DxDiags and after people posted them, we never heard of him again.

Here is my theory:
>asks for DxDiag
>checks the specs of the machine
>"Apex Legends minimum requirements" Google Search
>realizes people meet the minimum requirements
>error, does not compute
>keeps scrolling to other threads

Message 10 of 116 (4,726 Views)