Re: Apex Legends PC crash - no error (apex_crash.txt)

by Phrawst

Original Post

★ Guide
@EA_Blueberry why does EA ignore so many fps issues and give preference to another bug?
Message 21 of 31 (541 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@EA_Blueberry My video card is not overclocked but my CPU is. I don't particularly want to have to change my cpu speed every time I play one game.
Message 22 of 31 (530 Views)

Community Manager

@Phrawst 

Do you get a specific error when it crashes or no error at all? If there's an error let us know what it is.

Try disabling Nvidia Ansel. To disable Ansel: Go to C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\Ansel\Tools and start the NvCameraConfiguration program, then near the bottom select disabled and save.

Blueberry.png
Message 23 of 31 (523 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@EA_BlueberryI've attached my crash txt to multiple posts on this forum...

Message 24 of 31 (509 Views)

Community Manager

@Phrawst 

Searched the Apex subreddit with that specific error message and found this. Does capping your framerate to your monitor's refresh rate help prevent the crashes?

"I believe the cause was an incompatibility with GSYNC. Setting launch commands to remove the in game vsync and setting a framerate cap at my monitors refresh rate fixed the issue."

Blueberry.png
Message 25 of 31 (494 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@EA_Blueberry I have had the command line framerate cap on since the game came out. Best practice for Gsync is to cap your frame rate a few frames lower than your refresh rate. So mine is set to 107 as my cap is 110. I'll try setting it to 110.

Again the game should just be fixed.
Message 26 of 31 (486 Views)

★★★★ Novice

they just keep happening, have tried every'fix' suggested

Message 27 of 31 (435 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@EA_BlueberryI think maybe I've found the problem. Asus AI Suite has an automatic overlocking utility that monitors your system and on each reboot adjusts the overclock settings based on how your system was performing prior to the reboot.

It generally wants to run my i7-9700k at a 5.1ghz all core overclock. At 5.1 the game will crash, if I manually dial it back down to 5.0 the game doesn't seem to have an issue.

Message 28 of 31 (401 Views)

Community Manager

@Phrawst 

Thanks for the info! Let's see how things run after Season 03 launches and if you're looking solid for a week we'll go ahead and mark this as solved so others can get more visibility around that step.

Can anyone else confirm this helps?

Blueberry.png
Message 29 of 31 (390 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Problem still persists. Now the pop-up you get directly references CPU overclocking:

---------------------------
Apex Crash - Overclocked/Overheated?
Apex crashed in a way usually caused by a CPU that is overclocked or overheating.

Specifically, the CPU reported that it couldn't execute an instruction it didn't want to execute. More precisely, the CPU's memory controller said it didn't have permission to execute one address, but the CPU's registers said it wanted to execute a different address.

More technical information should be available in "apex_crash.txt" in your Documents folder.

Ctrl+C in this window will copy this message so you can paste it as text.

OK

Crash log also attached.

This new pop-up makes it obvious you guys are aware your product has a problem, expecting people to not overclock their system for one game is ridiculous. This should be fixed.

Message 30 of 31 (365 Views)