Re: Freezing after update

by Phrawst

Original Post

Re: Continuously crashing

Community Manager

@CroL0co 

If you search "Windows Update" in your desktop search bar and update to the latest Windows 10 build does that fix this for you? We've seen some positive results from players once they update to the latest build.

Have you tried setting your clocking speed to default settings?

Blueberry.png
Message 11 of 31 (590 Views)

Re: Continuously crashing

★★ Guide

@EA_Blueberry wrote:

@CroL0co 

If you search "Windows Update" in your desktop search bar and update to the latest Windows 10 build does that fix this for you? We've seen some positive results from players once they update to the latest build.

Have you tried setting your clocking speed to default settings?

I didn't put my clock speed to default yet, but I did an Apex repair in the origin launcher and this evening I had 0 crashes. I will update if the crashes start again. I don't know why, but when I press windows update it says the updates are up to date and I know it can't be true because I'm still on the 1809 build. I guess the updates need some time to appear because I didn't set them to automatic update.

Message 12 of 31 (579 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@datsneakyserb I have the same exactly even in training ... the freezing used to happen mostly when I engage the enemies and that makes the game unplayable
Message 13 of 31 (575 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I updated to the latest Nvidia drivers (436.30) on around the same day the 700mb Apex update rolled out.

The game immediately started crashing to desktop during gameplay and generating the apex_crash.txt (attached).

I rolled the drivers back to 431.60 and the problem went away, until yesterday where I got two crashes. DxDiag.txt also attached.

i7-9700k (5.0ghz all core overclock) / Strix RTX 2080 / 32 GB Ram

Message 14 of 31 (551 Views)

Community Manager

@Phrawst 

Have you tried right-clicking on the game in Origin to repair it or tried reinstalling it? Want to make sure we don't overlook some basic steps that could fix it. 

Blueberry.png
Message 15 of 31 (535 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@EA_Blueberry I did do a repair but not a full reinstall. Also ran as admin.
Message 16 of 31 (527 Views)

Re: Apex Legends PC crash - no error (apex_crash.txt)

★★★★ Novice

have tried various different in game settings and have also tried reverting my full system to stock clocks and it still crashes regularly.

Message 17 of 31 (499 Views)

Community Manager

@FallenOnMyRifle  @Phrawst 

Did a full reinstall of the game help?

Blueberry.png
Message 18 of 31 (456 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@EA_Blueberry Seems like reinstalling, repairing fixes the problem for a small period of time but it eventually comes back. I'll be good for a day, come back and the problem returns.
Message 19 of 31 (447 Views)

Community Manager

@Phrawst 

Are you overclocking and have you tried resetting the clock speeds to default? 

Is the Texture Streaming Budget lowered from the in-game settings? That can help in some cases.

Blueberry.png
Message 20 of 31 (426 Views)