Re: Crashes making the game unplayable

by 2042isNotBF

Original Post

Crashes making the game unplayable

★ Novice

Everytime I try to play my game crashes (to the desktop without any error report/message) within an hour often before i even get into a game. I've tried updating drivers, clearing origin cache and repairing the game but nothing has worked.

I have the following hardware and driver versions: 
ryzen 1600x    10.0.17134.1
gtx 1070          425.31
16 GB RAM

Windows 10 version  10.0.17134 Build 17134

I've attached my info from dxDiag which has a few mentions of bfv.exe.

Message 1 of 4 (423 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@xX_CapnKappa_Xx  When you look in your PC event viewer is it showing a Kernallbase.dll error related to BFV crash? Some people just crash to desktop with it and others get BFV stopped working for the most part both seem to be a Kernallbase.dll error. Not a easy error to fix as every PC is different on what will fix it. I was able to fix this pain of a error on my new build and on a buddy's rig after many weeks of head smashing on my new rig so I fully understand your pain. I did a write up on what I did to both machines with mine I don't talk about a format but I did many a format on it for weeks on end looking for the fix. Even though your AMD this write up may help you so please read it fully and give it a try if you want. 

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Fixed-on-2-PC-W-I9-9900K-Kernallbase-dll-error-BFV-I-hope...  

Message 2 of 4 (401 Views)

★ Novice
Thanks, had a look through and found an error with the faulting module as kernelbase.dll. I'll try to get it fixed.
Message 3 of 4 (393 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@xX_CapnKappa_Xx Its a hard error to fix if you go down the road of a format last thing to try then keep it as clean as you can as written up in my second post on my buddy's rig. As they are the same steps I use on my own PC's when I format and all the extra junk we all install can and will make issues even with the video card drivers.

When the time comes to install the video card driver you will be picking advanced you will only install two things from it for Nvidia cards 1- Graphics Driver 2- PhysX System and for AMD cards only check off display driver and catalyst control center. As well as check off CLEAN install

Message 4 of 4 (390 Views)