Crashes and turns off XBOX during campaign

by mammoetcs

Original Post

Re: Crashes and turns off XBOX during campaign

★★★ Novice
Yes moving the game to internal hard drive seems to have worked for me not had one single issue since doing that even managed to complete the campaign...
Message 21 of 73 (3,502 Views)

★ Apprentice

I tried to move the game to my internal HDD when it first happened, but no luck, I've just tried again (just incase) but again no dice.

I've done everything m8 that I could possibly do to my xbox to get the game working but, it crashes every time, on my original XB1, on my XB1-S and on my XB1-X Project Scorpio Edition.

It is infuriating that an EA representative has not attempted to contact me or help us on the forum.

If they don’t know how to fix it I wish they would just be honest and tell us. 

Unfortunately the more EA remains silent the more I lose the little amount of trust I have left for EA.  

@marcjab007 wrote:
Yes moving the game to internal hard drive seems to have worked for me not had one single issue since doing that even managed to complete the campaign...

I wish I was as lucky as you Marcjab007 lol

Message 22 of 73 (3,491 Views)

Community Manager

@blueschill wrote:

I tried to move the game to my internal HDD when it first happened, but no luck, I've just tried again (just incase) but again no dice.

I've done everything m8 that I could possibly do to my xbox to get the game working but, it crashes every time, on my original XB1, on my XB1-S and on my XB1-X Project Scorpio Edition.

It is infuriating that an EA representative has not attempted to contact me or help us on the forum.

If they don’t know how to fix it I wish they would just be honest and tell us. 

Unfortunately the more EA remains silent the more I lose the little amount of trust I have left for EA.  

@marcjab007 wrote:

I wish I was as lucky as you Marcjab007 lol

I just got into the office. About the basic steps, you would be very surprised on how many Xbox and PlayStation users out there don't know about those basic steps. You sound like you're pretty tech savvy which a lot of players on the forums generally are, but we can't make assumptions and providing those basic steps is a good starting point to make sure we've ruled out those have been taken before we dive into anything more complicated. 

You said it's crashing on all 3 of your Xbox consoles. That's really odd.  Are you using the same surge protector or outlet every time you test this and are a lot of things plugged into the outlet/surge protector?

I had an NHL 19 player constantly crash with their external hard drive. They uninstalled and reinstalled but it was still crashing. Eventually, we both figured out that even after uninstalling on the external drive, there were still files on the internal drive which caused conflicts with the data. Can you unplug the external drive and check the internal drive to see if there are any files on there? Delete them if you see any and then plug the external to uninstall. Do not have the external hard drive connected (or anything else in the USB slot. For FIFA 19 if you have guitar hero dongles attached it froze up on the menu). Some external hard drives might not be compatible with our games if they aren't official Microsoft/Xbox branded drives. 

If you need any immediate help with EA games we also have our Live-Support available around the clock 24/7 via live-chat and phone. We'll do our best to reach out to as many posts as we can but this is a player driven forum. We cannot guarantee an immediate response to a post.

Click here to speak with an EA Advisor

Blueberry.png
Message 23 of 73 (3,485 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Still haven't seen any solution to this issue? I have it too, on Lando's Cache Grab mission.

Message 24 of 73 (3,417 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Spent some time stuck on sullist cache grab. I left the mission at the part where he gets out of the at-at head inside the manufacturing plant. Whenever I try to load back into the campaign it freezes on the loading screen and the sound stutters. When I hold the home button for one second it shuts off my Xbox and I need to turn it back on with the power button, controller doesn’t work for this. Also had a crash when I started this mission, after defeating the stormtroopers outside. Sound cut out and Xbox shut off. Throughout campaign I’ve noticed a few bugs where mission doesn’t update. Han Solo keeps doing this weird dance thing like he has to pee. Also sometimes when I load the game up everything is sped up multiple times the norm. I checked my available memory and before I played the game(right after downloading) I had a few extra gigs, but now have less than 300mb. Pretty substantial save data. Deleted the first Star Wars battlefront to make some room and now campaign loads. Han Solo is still holding it though.

Message 25 of 73 (3,408 Views)

★★★ Newbie
l Live in North america and I'm having this issue
Message 26 of 73 (3,347 Views)

★★★ Novice

I live in North America and it is crashing my xbox one x every time and I cannot even play the solo game because I cannot pass this. Crappy coding and the DICE team needs to look into this and fix it ASAP!

Message 27 of 73 (3,213 Views)

★★★ Newbie

When I try to open crates the whole thing freezes then turns off! Very irritating! If it ain’t broke don’t fix it!

Message 28 of 73 (3,197 Views)

★★ Novice
Same thing happened to me today. Crashed and turned off twice but in the mission as Lando (I don't remember the name of the mission). I could only restart Xbox using the power button too. Mine is downloaded from Xbox store in England and playing in England too, multiplayer and arcade seem to be fine.
Message 29 of 73 (3,113 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Can you reply back with the following so we can have this sent over to the team for a more extensive review. 

• What type of Xbox One do you have?
  • What mission is it crashing in? What are you exactly doing before it crashes?
  • Have you tried playing the campaign mission from the start? Does it still crash?
  • Is the game installed on the internal hard drive?
  • Do you have any USB devices plugged into the Xbox?
  • Have you tried a fresh reinstall?
  • What is your Gamertag?
Blueberry.png
Message 30 of 73 (3,108 Views)