Re: Crashes and turns off XBOX during campaign

by pstachof

Original Post

★★ Novice

I have an origanl xbox1. It happens every time. I have no USBs uhhed in and it has never been on an external hard drive. Gmaer tag doesn't matter as it happens on two separate login profiles. I'm in UK. Its ridiculous that a game of this magnitude as this level of problem

Message 61 of 73 (1,594 Views)

★★★ Novice
Quick follow-up on mine. I shut the deck down via the power button while it was frozen (not sure if that helped or not), unplugged the XBox and after a day or so thought I'd try it again. I resumed the game where I left off and was able to finish the level and moved onto the next. I'll update it if happens again.
Message 62 of 73 (1,576 Views)

★ Apprentice

@EA_Blueberry wrote:

With today's patch we are expecting this to be fixed. Can you please try the troubleshooting again below and see if it works for you? If necessary, try from the beginning of the mission. If it's still crashing on you after the steps below and reinstalling, please let us know what mission it is and if it crashes every time at a specific point in it.

Power Cycle the Console

1. Turn off the Xbox One console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds until it shuts down completely.
  2. Unplug the console's power cable. Wait 10 seconds.

Important Be sure to wait 10 seconds. This step resets the power supply.

1. Plug the console power cable back in.
  2. Press the Xbox button on your console to turn on the Xbox One.

Clear Mac Address

1. Clear the MAC Address: From the Xbox dashboard select Settings>All Settings>Network>Network Settings>Advanced Settings>Alternate MAC address>Clear, then restart your Xbox.

@EA_Blueberry 

Thankyou for getting a patch pushed out for us, I'm sure many other people not just us will be happy with it, this is most appreciated. So thankyou.

However i've only just seen this reply so I'm going to try it in the next couple of days and report back to tell you what is the result.

I will try it on all three models of xbox and fully test it.

Also thankyou to everyone in the community  who have contributed to this thread and helped track down the problem, hopefully it will work for all of us and we can all finish what we started.

@EA_Blueberry do you know any details of what was causing the problem, or what was done to fix it? 

Cheers 

Blueschill 

Message 63 of 73 (1,553 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

make the power suply reset steps again and now work for me, allready finished the original campaing, now going for the added.

Message 64 of 73 (1,537 Views)

Community Manager

@blueschill 

The team made some stability improvements which they were confident would positively affect these crashes you were reporting. Looks like it's helped for a couple others so far, did the power cycle also help fix it for you?

Blueberry.png
Message 65 of 73 (1,525 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I've got this issue but on the Pilio mission. I knew the game wasn't top their, but I didn't think it was downright unplayable.

Edit: I'm in NA so it is definitely not a regional issue.

Message 66 of 73 (1,433 Views)

★★★ Novice

I've been able to finish the first single player campaign and started on Resurrection.  Seems to be working fine now. I'll update if I run into this issue again. 

Thank you to everyone that helped get this working again!

Message 67 of 73 (6,393 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@maxhadfield30 Yes it is ridiculous. I have been a console gamer for more than 10 years and nothing like this happen before. You guys reported these problems months ago, and when I tried to play it today and the game is still as glitched as before! Same problems happen on my Xbox like everyone else mentioned in this post. The game freezes on loading screen, music distorts and Xbox powers off itself. Nothing changes no matter how you change the console setting as some people suggest.

Disc game on Xbox1 X, no external storage, China
Message 68 of 73 (1,250 Views)

Community Manager

@Naturelle0302 

Does it still happen after you clear the local and cloud saved data?

Go to My Games & Apps>highlight the game>Press Start>Manage Game>Clear Saved Data.

Then, power cycle your Xbox One via these steps below.

Power Cycle the Console

1. Turn off the Xbox One console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds until it shuts down completely.
  2. Unplug the console's power cable. Wait 10 seconds.

Important Be sure to wait 10 seconds. This step resets the power supply.

1. Plug the console power cable back in.
  2. Press the Xbox button on your console to turn on the Xbox One.

Clear Mac Address

1. Clear the MAC Address: From the Xbox dashboard select Settings>All Settings>Network>Network Settings>Advanced Settings>Alternate MAC address>Clear, then restart your Xbox.
Blueberry.png
Message 69 of 73 (1,218 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Brand new player here.  

Sullust Crash Grab is shutting down my Xbox too.

Get through the first fight then any attempt to go through the circular opening results in a series of extremely loud buzzing and eventually the Xbox shuts down completely.

Rather odd is it leaves the controller on afterwards.

Message 70 of 73 (972 Views)