Re: Crashes after or between games after PC performance update

by SimsTime

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Crashes after or between games after PC performance update

★★★★★ Novice

While the PC performance update certainly improved the framerates and stuttering, i have been having increasing issues with crashes. Before the update the game ran completely fine but now I almost cant go a single game without crashing. I have noticed that this happens most often with the OPs and turf takeover modes.

Usually happens during loading screens

Another thing of note is that even when closed I have to go into the task manager in order to completely close the game

Message 1 of 77 (2,961 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Marking as Solution for Visibility Purposes 

Hey folks, 

For those still running into stability or performance issues, could you pop up a DxDiag in here for us please?

We have put together this EA Help article as a guide on how to gather a DxDiag. Standard smile

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

View in thread

Message 29 of 77 (3,514 Views)

All Replies

★ Guide

I believe I have the same problem as you.

Whenever a multiplayer game of territorial domination comes to an end, the game crashes during the loading screen that would take me to the podium scenario.

When I was having stuttering problems, it didn't happen. Game performance has improved a lot, now I can play without any lag, but always when a game ends and the loading screen appears, the game crashes, and I need to open the task manager and force the game to close.

Message 2 of 77 (2,930 Views)

★ Guide

Me too, restarted the game a thousand times.

Message 3 of 77 (2,916 Views)

★ Apprentice

I have the same problem after the update, will it be something that can be fixed manually or will we have to wait for another update? (Google translator)

Message 4 of 77 (2,903 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Thank god I thought I was the only one, how ironic that a patch that's supposed to help PC performance ends up making such a painful bug.

Message 5 of 77 (2,892 Views)

★ Guide

Exact. Now that the game's performance is excellent and without stuttering, the loading screens are crashing after matches. Embarrassed

Message 6 of 77 (2,880 Views)

★ Guide

some news? about it?

Message 7 of 77 (2,808 Views)

@SimsTime and seen that if after a game you try to return to the lobby or another game it is better not to minimize the game because it stays on the screen of infinite load
Message 8 of 77 (2,781 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Good Morning, pc players on servers Latin America ( Brazil in my case) are also facing this problem, including me. 

Message 9 of 77 (2,766 Views)

★★ Guide

I'm having this exact problem, only i can't run the game after i close it with task manager AT ALL as it refuses to pass the anti cheat, and closes seconds after opening. I have to reinstall fresh, just to get back into the game, which runs fine until i reach a results screen as you mentioned. At which point the game is freezing up for my wife and we're back to square one. Worked fine for her before the most recent patch. They definitely broke something here. 

Message 10 of 77 (2,758 Views)