Product: Battlefield V
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Please specify your platform model. Microsoft Xbox One
Which part of the game is the issue happening in? Game Menu
In which game menu were you when the bug occurred? Startup
Please select your region North America
On which server did this happen?
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 01/29/2019
Summarize your bug BFV crashes at startup after the most recent update. If I’m lucky enough for it not to crash immediately, it crashes when loading into a multiplayer match and is accompanied by a terrible and loud buzzing sound.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Start up the game...observe the bug?
What happens when the bug occurs? Black screen followed by a return to the Xbox home screen. If I’m multiplayer match, loud buzzing sound, freezing of screen, and subsequent return to Xbox home screen. Tried power cycling Xbox but to no avail.
What should be happening instead? Me being able to play the game.

Product: Battlefield V
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Please specify your platform model. Microsoft Xbox One
Which part of the game is the issue happening in? Game Menu
In which game menu were you when the bug occurred? Startup
Please select your region North America
On which server did this happen?
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 01/29/2019
Summarize your bug BFV crashes at startup after the most recent update. If I’m lucky enough for it not to crash immediately, it crashes when loading into a multiplayer match and is accompanied by a terrible and loud buzzing sound.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Start up the game...observe the bug?
What happens when the bug occurs? Black screen followed by a return to the Xbox home screen. If I’m multiplayer match, loud buzzing sound, freezing of screen, and subsequent return to Xbox home screen. Tried power cycling Xbox but to no avail.
What should be happening instead? Me being able to play the game.

‌‌

Message 1 of 9 (830 Views)

Re: Crashes after 1/29/19 update

Community Manager

Sorry to hear that's happening to you, @dethdominator . Seems like a real frustrating thing to come across.

Have you tried a reinstall of the game yet to see if that would fix this for you?

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 9 (752 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey Guys,

I've got the same issue here in australia. Weirdly it only occurs when I login under my account. The game is stable under my sons login.

As described when i start the game and then login at the start screen with my login the log in occurs. when i then press 'A' to log in as my self self the  screen cycles. Eventually the music stops then shortly after the game crashes out to the XBOX home screen.

Any advice?

dieneces

Message 3 of 9 (720 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@OniRandor oh and obviously i would prefer not to reinstall since my son's install is clearly working fine - its clearly something about my log in.
Message 4 of 9 (718 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

You might want to try to "reset" settings for your personal profile

C:\Users\Yourname\Documents\Battlefield V\settings, delete the "_tmp" of the "PROFSAVE_tmp" file.

Please also check if you use one drive for synchronization etc.

Edit: Sorry XBOX just thought pc.

Might want to check this topic then: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/BFV-freezes-then-crashes-on-Xbox-One-X/td-p/7352935

Message 5 of 9 (688 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Crazy_horse101 thanks - i'll check it.........
Message 6 of 9 (662 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@OniRandor still trying - interestingly I notice i have 2 copies of the game installed - one internally and one on the external drive.......
Message 7 of 9 (642 Views)

★★★ Newbie

not much luck  - I've followed the thread and the step by step on the  xbox site.. Wiped the local data and reinstalled the game. Problem persists.

The next step is to reset the  OS.

Seems extreme. Any thoughts?

Message 8 of 9 (615 Views)

Community Manager
Hi @OniRandor,

We're currently working on gathering up more information on the crashes that are happening. When you've got a chance can you add your details to this thread?

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Console-Crashing-issue-Information-request/m-p/8621573#M2...

Thanks!

/Kent
Kent.png
Message 9 of 9 (604 Views)