Crashes Randomly to Desktop Swtor

by N004Drake

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Crashes Randomly to Desktop Swtor

★★★ Apprentice

Been having an issue with the game just crashing any where from 5 mins to 60 mins. No pop ups just straight to the desktop. I have ST OFF as it still happened either way. But I did just read a sticky post here about running all the EXE in Admin and Windows XP SP3 so I just did that. I also just opened the launcher and did a repair. It fixed 2 files. I did this yesterday and it fixed one. I do not understand how it keeps needing to be repaired. I will try the game again and update soon. I will have DX Diag and the DUMP from the game below.

DMP File and DxDiag From my G Drive

Message 1 of 25 (1,071 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Crashes Randomly to Desktop Swtor

★★★ Apprentice

its the XMP profile. running it at stock 2133 it has no errors. ill make this as solved as it isnt completely fixed BUT it is running stabler now.

View in thread

Message 25 of 25 (1,332 Views)

All Replies

@N004Drake 

Quick look at the dxdiag i do not think this is a game issue, the game cant be a cause for a blue screen, it can trigger one though, the dxdiag shows a few crash reports

at his stage i would disable the corsair and razer software and reinstall all network drivers, and do not use any 3rd party network programs like killer network as an example if installed.

given you have ST disabled means you can take the system to a full clean boot per this link and see if the issue persists 

you do have multiple bluescreens listed as bccode 3b  and only one is referencing a mouse input the others are not specific

there is also other bluescreens listed as Fault bucket IP_MISALIGNED, type 0

you can also press the windows key and type reliability and open the reliability history , see what is listed particularly for red circles with a cross in them.

given you are saying needing to repair a file each launch , run a chkdsk and memtest just to check there isnt something amiss too.

and monitor temps too when playing as funky stuff always occurs with heat so need to be sure it isnt an underlying cause

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 2 of 25 (1,057 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@proxos666 would exiting the software be as good as disabling it? I also took it out of the start up automatically when reboot happens. I just upgraded my network driver as a new release just came out i think? I do not use any network software. I only use windows to modify network settings.

temps are good im running a Corsair H60 AIO and My gpu never hits 60 Celsius as I put a customer fan curve on it VS using stock. I do not over clock anything manually everything is auto.
Message 3 of 25 (1,042 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@proxos666 memtest good no errors for 4 passes, chkdsk completed did display anything on boot so i would assume good. I also did sfc scannow and i was good. I can start removing all my drivers and reinstalling them but i know they are all up to date. here is a screen shot of my reliability thing

Message 4 of 25 (1,031 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Im going to run Memtest86 see if that brings up any errors. I am worried it is the ram... should have bought on ebay

Message 5 of 25 (1,014 Views)

@N004Drake 

Use taskmanager and ensure the processes are not running, clean boot should unload most non Microsoft programs

with memtest86 best to leave it running overnight to be certain

Photo of my New Speeder 

Message 6 of 25 (1,009 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@proxos666 okay i have my USB drive ready. I had a Kernel panic last time I played about 30 min ago. even after doing all the stuff you mentioned. it was dxgkrnl.sys that crashed this time. I will be doing the memtest over night of course.

Message 7 of 25 (994 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Here is a DXDiag again, I went to Microsoft grabbed the newest DX 12 installer and it found some optional components to install. so i ran DXDiag to give you the new info. 

I can run anything you want me to. I can provide any DUMP you want me to the Swtor Crash dump when it just shuts off for no reason and I can give you my Windows minidumps just let me know.

Message 8 of 25 (990 Views)

@N004Drake 

try using this utility at this link see if that shows anything from the dumps

most instances of bccode 3b are drivers not designed for windows 10, is this occuring under a full clean boot is the first thing to determine

you can use ddu to remove the video driver and then do a clean install just to be sure there is no corruption in these drivers

Photo of my New Speeder 

Message 9 of 25 (978 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

this is what i get

Spoiler
==================================================
Dump File : 112919-10984-01.dmp
Crash Time : 11/29/2019 6:40:33 PM
Bug Check String : SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
Bug Check Code : 0x0000003b
Parameter 1 : 00000000`c0000005
Parameter 2 : fffff803`1ea2875c
Parameter 3 : ffff8704`06586180
Parameter 4 : 00000000`00000000
Caused By Driver : dxgkrnl.sys
Caused By Address : dxgkrnl.sys+d875c
File Description :
Product Name :
Company :
File Version :
Processor : x64
Crash Address : ntoskrnl.exe+1c14e0
Stack Address 1 :
Stack Address 2 :
Stack Address 3 :
Computer Name :
Full Path : C:\Windows\Minidump\112919-10984-01.dmp
Processors Count : 16
Major Version : 15
Minor Version : 18362
Dump File Size : 1,347,644
Dump File Time : 11/29/2019 6:41:53 PM
==================================================

also see attached image 

I ran 3DMark Twinspy benchmark. for about 1 hour not a single problem.

I did a DDU for Audio and my AMD driver and reinstalled the latest Stable version with WHQL or whatever and not the optional one.

Message 10 of 25 (969 Views)