Re: Crashes On Startup (Before Reaching Main Menu)

by Beariexe

Original Post

★★★★★ Novice

Bump

Message 11 of 33 (7,757 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide
First thing to check when the whole system freezes at the first loading screen would be if the game tries to run on DirectX 12. To do that, navigate to the settings folder that should be located in
C:\users\PUT YOUR USERNAME HERE\documents\Star Wars Battlefront II\.
There should be a file named "Boot options". Open that with the Text Editor. If there's a line saying "GstRender.EnableDx12 1" change the 1 into a 0 and save it.

This will deactivate DirectX12 and the game should launch again, if the freeze was caused by that, which it is for many people.
Message 12 of 33 (43,169 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

IT WORKED, THANK YOU!!!

Message 13 of 33 (7,737 Views)

★★ Novice
i can't figure it out
Message 14 of 33 (7,511 Views)

★★ Novice
i am pretty sure
Message 15 of 33 (7,498 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I actually navigated to same location but instead of needing to turn off directx12 0 I did the opposite. I needed to turn on directx 12 1.

I have windows 10 and a nvidia geforce 2080 rtx. This is very useful post. I imagine a lot of people with the newer vid cards will need to turn on directx 12 in same spot instead of turning it off. This is for the crashing launcher only not in game crashes.

Message 16 of 33 (7,358 Views)

★ Novice

I actually done the opposite. I enabled DirectX12 by replacing the 0 by default to a 1 and that solved it for mw

Message 17 of 33 (7,153 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I downloaded the game in D: not C: but non the less I still looked for a Boot Options in both by following the navigation you put. After about 30 minutes I gave up as I couldn't find it and thought it wasn't there. This does not show me how to solve the problem so either could you show an alternative way of turning on or of DirectX12 or an alternative solution

Message 18 of 33 (6,594 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My bootup options are already on 0 but it still crashes

Message 19 of 33 (6,315 Views)

★★★ Newbie

mine doesnt have the "boot options" file. is there something im missing

Message 20 of 33 (6,156 Views)