Crash without error - tried everything

by Fab672

Original Post

★★★ Novice

Hi there,

I'll give this a shot as well. I'm encountering crashes in my Apex game in over 50% of the cases. I don't see any error message and can see the bad_module_info in my event log. I tried every possible solution from the various threads and was not able to solve the problem. I hope that anyone can provide a hint so that I can fix my problem. Right now it is killing the game for me.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 9 (385 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi there,

I'll give this a shot as well. I'm encountering crashes in my Apex game in over 50% of the cases. I don't see any error message and can see the bad_module_info in my event log. I tried every possible solution from the various threads and was not able to solve the problem. I hope that anyone can provide a hint so that I can fix my problem. Right now it is killing the game for me.

Thanks!

Message 2 of 9 (406 Views)

Re: Crash without error - tried everything

★ Apprentice

A lot of us are having the same problem and the DEV team is doing all they can to figure out this issue among others. 

As of right now, there is no fix. we are going to have to wait for a patch once they are able to fix the issue. 

Message 3 of 9 (376 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

Hai,

The AMD team are on a Developer holiday at Apex studio atm.

Once they figure out whats wrong and AMD post a driver update there is a good chance it will fix some issues with radeon cards and/or CPU's.

So be sure to keep your windows up to date and check-in for the latest gpu drivers!

When radeon/AMD post new driver updates check the changelog and see if apex is under the list of fixes.

They have already been to Nvidia so once they get updates from AMD they will be working on the issues focused on apex itself!

Party hat

Message 4 of 9 (397 Views)

★ Apprentice
U can try to add that lines to the game proporties > advanced launch options > +fps_max 60 -threads 4 -refresh 75
If u have 60 hz monitor last number must be 60.
Sry for my bad English.
Message 5 of 9 (386 Views)

★ Guide
@Fab672
I understand the frustration you are facing. This is a major issue right now as most of us are having this problem. Currently there are no permanent solution but there are some temporary fix to lessen your crash.

So give EA awhile to solve this problem as soon as possible as they are working with both NVIDIA and AMD. You will find out soon in the upcoming patch.

Cheers!
Message 6 of 9 (347 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

It boils down to an issue with their game. I had a Navidia 680 GTX and the game would crash but not too frequently. I spent money on the game, at least $70. And decided to upgrade my GPU to a AMD vega 56 specifically for this game. Well now the game is unplayable. It crashes every five minutes. Do I feel cheated out of money that I spent on this game? yeah pretty much.

I wouldn't waste time trying to fix it. It really is down to them. I've wasted many hours re-installing windows, configuring files. Formatting my HDD etc etc. Clearly their game is buggy and AMD will have to bring out a driver to support it (the same way Nvidia did). 

Message 7 of 9 (329 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

see but they said they fixed nvidia side but i downloaded the driver from nvidia and all it did was fix the driver hung error but im still getting a bad module error which goes to my event viewer every time ive crashed

Message 8 of 9 (303 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@StiflerSlays wrote:

see but they said they fixed nvidia side but i downloaded the driver from nvidia and all it did was fix the driver hung error but im still getting a bad module error which goes to my event viewer every time ive crashed

The bad_module is a different error to the one being described in this thread.

This thread is about an error where the game just randomly closes with no error messages or anything else. And this can happen pretty much almost every match and seems to happen mostly on AMD.

The bad module error I did get on a Nvidia 680GTX but it was never as frequent as the crash without error.

Message 9 of 9 (291 Views)