Re: Crash when starting practice or tutorial

by wrightech1

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Crash when starting practice or tutorial

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Since the 4.2 patch, the game crashes whenever I try to start practice mode or the fleet battles tutorial. I have not yet tried to start a multiplayer game since the patch landed, but I did set up a custom dogfight, and that worked - I was able to start the game and fly around. I'm not sure when the last time I tried practice mode was, so I'm not sure how long the issue has been there, but I did play several multiplayer games on Sunday 17th January (two days ago).

Practice mode or tutorial crash on the first loading screen immediately after selecting them - I don't see the hangar (for practice mode) or the briefiing (for tutorial).

This is on PC via Steam. I tried turning all the graphics settings to low, and the issue still occurred. I've tried starting practice mode around 8 times now and seen a crash every time.

Sometimes the crash just closes the game and drops me to desktop, other times it locks up on the loading screen.

I tried the game on a different PC but still on my account, and it worked in practice mode and other modes, so this seems to only happen on my particular PC.

Message 1 of 4 (4,827 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★ Guide

Try to verify your game files via Steam, in case some files got corrupted.

What you can also try is set Resolution Scale in the game' options to 100% (if you have it higher or lower than that) and set Volumetric Quality to Medium or Low and see if that helps.

Also you can try to update your drivers if you haven't already.

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (4,762 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Guide

Try to verify your game files via Steam, in case some files got corrupted.

What you can also try is set Resolution Scale in the game' options to 100% (if you have it higher or lower than that) and set Volumetric Quality to Medium or Low and see if that helps.

Also you can try to update your drivers if you haven't already.

Message 2 of 4 (4,763 Views)

★ Novice
@Cave_Waverider Thanks, verifying my game files worked!
Message 3 of 4 (4,701 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The game continually crashes either trying story mode or training. Drivers are the newest available for NVidia and scaling at 100%.

Message 4 of 4 (3,105 Views)