Re: Crash to desktop before Fleet Battles load

by EA_Atic

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Crash to desktop before Fleet Battles load

★ Novice

The game crashes when I try to load fleet battles. Whether it's ranked or against AI, the game will allow me to pick a ship to fly and stand in the briefing room with my fellow pilots, but once the second loading screen ends, the game crashes to desktop. I am able to play dogfights and the story perfectly fine, it's only in fleet battles.

I play on PC using HOTAS or an Xbox 360 controller if it's helps narrow down the problem. 

Message 1 of 6 (659 Views)

Accepted Solution

★ Novice

I ended up uninstalling the game and reinstalling it again, that seemed to fix it. Not really sure what caused the issue but I think it was something in one of the patches as the game was working fine before they came out. 

View in thread

Message 5 of 6 (548 Views)

All Replies

EA DICE Team

Hey, @Oyul490 make sure that all drivers for windows are up to date. 

You can also try to do a clean boot to see if there any programs messing with Star Wars: Squadrons and turn off any overlay programs for example Discord or Nvidia experience.

Worth to reinstall the GPU drivers for your PC.

Let me know if this works or not for you. Standard smile

/Atic

Message 2 of 6 (601 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Exactly the same here. ALL drivers are up to date and Im using a high end system. Steam version and Index.

Tried clean boot but as expected didnt work, its on ur side EA

Message 3 of 6 (587 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Do you have Resolution Scaling set to anything other than 100% in the game options, by any chance? If so, set it to 100% and see if it helps.

Message 4 of 6 (566 Views)

★ Novice

I ended up uninstalling the game and reinstalling it again, that seemed to fix it. Not really sure what caused the issue but I think it was something in one of the patches as the game was working fine before they came out. 

Message 5 of 6 (549 Views)

★★ Novice
I'm having a similar issue in which the game decides to disconnect me from ANY mode. It doesn't crash to desktop but it does Error 201 me at the exact same point every time, and I checked with all my other devices and my PC - there is no internet connection loss.

Tried restarting my PC, restarting my router, turning on/off my VPN, port forwarding, restarting the game, restarting Steam, getting a static IP address, getting a new IP address, flushing the DNS, and restarting Winsock. None of the above worked.
Message 6 of 6 (533 Views)