Crash on Loading Screen/ FPS Drops

by TheDamnedRey

Original Post

Crash on Loading Screen/ FPS Drops

★ Novice

Alright, before everything else. My specs are i5 9th gen, GTX 1060 gb, 16gb Ram.

Now, About a week ago I started noticing this. Sometimes my Game gets stuck on the loading screen with EA logo. There is no way go back from it, I literally have to plug out the computer.

2nd, Disgusting fps drops. My computer is somewhat nice and can handle most games at high settings, and Apex seemed to be working pretty good so far. I could easily get about 90-120 fps on high settings. But since this last week, Idk if it was the update or what but Im having problems with fps drop. As soon as I hear a gun shot or an enemy is nearby, my fps drops to 35-45 and stays there. I dont understand whats wrong. I've tried to put it in the lowest possible settings, the problem remains the same.

is anyone else having this issue or is it just me?

and Just to clarify that its not really a hardware problem, I play other games like GTA v, Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order, Destiny 2, Doom etc And they are all working great. Problem seems to be only in Apex Legends. I cant play the game like this, Please some one help!!

Message 1 of 4 (542 Views)

Re: Crash on Loading Screen/ FPS Drops

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

@TheDamnedReyOne thing I forgot to mention. FPS drops sometimes do happen randomly while looting or dropping off the ship, not just when enemies are close.

Message 2 of 4 (533 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I would control - alt - delete   task manager it before I would unplug. I've been on that black screen I know myself.  secondly. go get new graphics driver  Make sure you do custom install and delete the old one

Message 3 of 4 (515 Views)

★ Guide
@TheDamnedRey I also experience problems with the FPS drop, but not so much, but in flight the FPS became much lower than before the update. your gtx 1060 3gb?
Message 4 of 4 (474 Views)