Crash on Launch

by Bleck25556

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Crash on Launch

★★★ Novice

I recently bought Battlefront 2 and have had trouble getting into the game, with it crashing at the first loading screen before even reaching the title screen. After I spent a great amount of time researching, I found that, based on some fixes found on Answers HQ, I should go into the Boot Options for the game and enable DirectX 12 where it was previously disabled. For note, I do indeed have DirectX 12, I've checked to make sure. This nearly worked (as in the loading screen actually got to progress for a minute more), however it still ended up in a crash. It was here where I noticed going back to Boot Options that Origins had re-disabled DirectX 12 (set it back to 0) after I launched it. I tried this many more times after this, re-enabling DirectX 12, only for it to be swiftly disabled the moment I tried to launch the game. This makes me feel, especially since it nearly got to the title screen with DirectX 12 properly enabled, that this must be the issue, though, for all I know it could be something else entirely.

For reference, I have repaired the game many times, reinstalled it once, and reinstalled origin once. 

It would be a great help if someone could help me out with this as I was very excited to play this game this morning, and now I have spent the grand majority of the day trying to actually get it running.

Message 1 of 17 (1,391 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Crash on Launch

EA DICE Team
Could be the windows account, it's one of the steps that we do recommend to try out. @Bleck25556 

Definitely worth trying a new Windows account with Admin rights and then start up the game. 

/Atic 

View in thread

Message 15 of 17 (1,733 Views)

All Replies

EA DICE Team
Hey, @Bleck25556  make sure that all drivers for windows and your gpu drivers are up to date. 

You can also try to do a clean boot to see if there any programs messing with Star War: Battlefront 2 and turn off any overlay programs for example Discord or Nvidia experience.

Let me know if this works or not for you. Standard smile

/Atic
Message 2 of 17 (1,295 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi, @EA_Atic thanks for the reply. I believe all my drivers are up top date, and I'm afraid the Clean Boot made no visible difference. Moreover, I've disabled all Overlays that I know of including Discord, Nvidia, Xbox, and Origin. Unfortunately, the problem persists. Is there anything else I can do?

Message 3 of 17 (1,281 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

Hey @Bleck25556, did you have a look if all your drivers are up to date? 

You can try running CCleaner to see if there any old temp files that messing about. 

Removed the document folder for SWBF2 and then try starting the game up. (This removes local saves and single player progression.)

/Atic

Message 4 of 17 (1,270 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thanks for the response @EA_Atic . I tried following through with your suggestions and downloaded Driver Easy to go through all my drivers and individually ensure they were all up to date. Following this, I ran CCleaner per the steps listed on the EA help page you linked. Finally, I deleted the Document for Battlefront 2 as you suggested. Unfortunately, when I start the game the same problem persists. Is there anything else I can try?

Message 5 of 17 (1,256 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hmm, stubborn game of not wanting to play. 

What you done so far: 

• Update drivers.
  • Run CCleaner.
  • Removed document folder
  • Clean boot. 
  • No overlay system.

Can you try do a new windows admin account and then start the game up and see if that helps. @Bleck25556 

/Atic 

Message 6 of 17 (1,245 Views)

★★★ Novice

Sorry, I'm not quite sure what you mean. If you mean that I should use my Windows Administrator account, I already am. @EA_Atic 

Message 7 of 17 (1,223 Views)

EA DICE Team
I was thinking more of making a New window account that has admin rights just to see if there any issues with your profile. @Bleck25556  

If that still doesn't work can you upload a Msinfo to us and I'll see what the crashing is. 

/Atic 
Message 8 of 17 (1,211 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm afraid that didn't work either. I tried adding one entirely new account and it crashed, and I also added another account from my friend, and unfortunately neither worked. Strangely however, using that same account on my friends computer allowed it to work well, but when I added my account to his computer is crashed. I suppose then there is an issue with both the computer and the account?

Either way, I've included the msinfo.

Message 9 of 17 (1,191 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm noticing that AnswerHQ won't allow me to send the .nfo file for system information, is there some other format in which I should send it?

Message 10 of 17 (1,190 Views)