Re: Crash on Launch

by Bleck25556

Original Post

EA DICE Team

Hey @Bleck25556, woops I missed the link for how to do MSINFO, you need to extract the information and not save it. 

Sorry again for the miss of the link! 

/Atic 

Message 11 of 17 (882 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Thanks for the reply, here's the text file. @EA_Atic 

Message 12 of 17 (856 Views)

EA DICE Team
Hey, @Bleck25556 looking at the MSinfo I can only see issues with Nvidia control panel for you that is crashing a lot. You did say that is crashes on your friends PC. 

Did you turn off Clud sync for SWBF2 and remove the SWBF2 document had any effect? 

/Atic 
Message 13 of 17 (840 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yeah, I've been having a fair amount of trouble with my GPU Code 43ing recently, which is probably why the Nvidia control panel has been crashing. I tried turning off Cloud Sync and deleting the Star Wars Battlefront 2 document, and I'm afraid the same crash occurred.

I should clarify that while it didn't work on my friend's PC when I was on my own Windows account, it did work on his with my own Origin account. However, mysteriously it didn't work with a new Windows account on his computer or mine. I even tried using his account on my PC to try the game and it still crashed. So the only time I've ever gotten it to work was on his PC, on his Windows account. Maybe then there is a problem with both my computer and my windows account? @EA_Atic 

Message 14 of 17 (827 Views)

EA DICE Team
Could be the windows account, it's one of the steps that we do recommend to try out. @Bleck25556 

Definitely worth trying a new Windows account with Admin rights and then start up the game. 

/Atic 
Message 15 of 17 (1,732 Views)

★★★ Novice

@EA_Atic Thanks for all your help Atic, realizing that something more serious was wrong with my computer, I got my GPU checked out and replaced, and now the game is working well. Sorry for wasting your time slightly, and I appreciate all the help you have provided.

Message 16 of 17 (736 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi! Standard smile

I've encountered the same issues for about 3 months.

I did try the following steps, but none of those worked:

1. New Windows account with Admin rights

2. Modifying the BootOptions file (enabling/disabling DX12, switching from fullscreen to windowed, windowed bordless, etc.)

3. Uninstall the Origin Client (hard way)

4. Uninstall the whole game and reinstall it

I don't know what else to do... Any other tips?

I've attached my DxDiag file, if that can help.

Thank you!

/JurassikRex

Message 17 of 17 (631 Views)