Re: Crash issue solved by closing Discord software

by Felscribe

Original Post

Crash issue solved by closing Discord software

[ Edited ]

I need to quit the Discord software or I will crash. Instead I need to use the web based app in my browser. Now I have my FPS uncapped again with +fps_max unlimited in the launch options of Apex. And settings on high again.

So I'm unable to use the normal Discord app from my harddrive when playing Apex Legends with high FPS, and need to use the web based one from my browser instead. But if I cap my FPS to 80, with +fps_max 80, I can use the Discord app from my harddrive as usual.

But it's not the in-game overlay, already switched that off. Even with in-game overlay switched off it will crash. Need to use web based app in browser.

For now I'm using the web app in my browser so that I can play with high (uncapped) FPS.

Hope there will be a fix soon.

My system:
Intel Core i5-9600K - OC all 6 cores to 4.8Ghz
Asus ROG STRIX GTX1080 8G
Samsung 970 Evo 500GB M.2 SSD
G.Skill Aegis F4 3000 16GB - OC to 3200

Message 1 of 5 (1,823 Views)

Community Manager

Thanks for posting what worked for you and hope it helps others get into the game with crashes. Good luck in Kings Canyon, @NoCureForFailure!

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 5 (1,789 Views)

★★ Novice

Same thing happens to me. Tried every other fix and only closing the discord desktop app fixed the problem, even post hardware upgrade

System:
Windows 7 Home Premium (Service Pack 1)
Intel i7-6700k (old CPU: intel i7-4770k)
Nvidia GTX1070
16gb RAM
2TB SSD
2TB HDD

Message 3 of 5 (1,741 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I am also having this issue, and have made a post of my own regarding it. 

PC specs: Ryzen 7 5800X, 32GB RAM, EVGA RTX 3080 XC3 Ultra 10GB, Windows 10 22H2

Message 4 of 5 (175 Views)

Community Manager

Hi Everyone,  

This post has gotten pretty old at this point, I will be locking it to prevent necroposting.  

If you are running into further issues, please make a new post letting us know what is happening and we can provide any relevant information available.  

Thanks! 

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 5 of 5 (150 Views)