★★★ Novice

Product: Star Wars: Squadrons
Platform:Steam-PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Wumbeaux
Are you playing in VR? Yes
Which VR Platform are you using? Steam VR
Which part of the game is the issue happening in? Other
Please explain 'Other' Crash upon launching fleet battle tutorial and at the very end of mission 2
What were you doing when the bug occurred? Step by Step detail is helpful. I am crashing out of game into SteamVR compositor every time I try to load in to the fleet battle tutorial and immediately after finishing rebel story mission 2. It occurs at the exact same time in both instances every time without fail.
Where did this issue occur? Please include menu name or in game location. See Above
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 02.10.20 13:50
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Can't play
What happens when the bug occurs? Crash to SteamVR compositor
What do you expect to see? Not crashing
Which ship were you playing? If not applicable, just answer "no" or "none." None
What components were you using? None
Which customizations (if any) were you using? None

The crash happens at the exact some time every time. I see the black loading screen upon mission completion and during the loading screen the game drops. I have installed the newest NVIDIA Drivers, and restarted Steam VR and my PC, but the issue still occurs.

Message 6 of 70 (2,529 Views)

[Crash/Spoiler] Game CTDs w/ no errors at a certain checkpoint in mission #2

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Spoiler

EDIT: tested a 3rd time, the exact moment of the CTD is during the transition into a loading screen/cutscene at the end of the objective mentioned below. I see the loading icon show up in the bottom right, followed by a fade to black, then desktop.

the exact moment of the crash happens during mission 2: Skies of Yavin when the newly captured star destroyer opens fire on the three approaching carriers. My actions during that time was simply following the mission objective, which was to follow the lead NPC while watching the above mentioned events unfold. this happened 2 times before i decided to create a thread, but it looks like its repeatable and currently preventing me from progressing.

i7-4790k

GTX1080ti

16GB RAM

Valve Index

mixed hotas setup

playing in borderless window

Message 1 of 70 (2,009 Views)

Crash entering mission 2

★★★ Novice

On PC the game crashes for me without fail when starting mission 2 right after the cutscene that plays after launch.
I tried selecting the mission directly rather than continuing the save game but the result is the same.

Message 2 of 70 (2,517 Views)

Re: Crash entering mission 2

★★★ Novice

I managed to get into the game in VR. That'll be lower resolution (and I was super sampling because the framerate was so high).
Maybe the game just isn't gracefully handling out of memory issues?

Message 3 of 70 (2,505 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Tried lowering the resolution too and that seemed to do the trick. Mission started without a hitch. As soon as I set the game to a higher resolution again, the game CTD'd.

**EDIT**
Seems lowering the Volumetric Quality did the actual trick. All other settings still set to Ultra and the mission starts without issue.

Message 4 of 70 (2,480 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I have a CTD at the end of mission 2 when playing in VR with a Reverb.

Mission runs just fine but at the end when the star destroyer destroys the 3 carriers, I have a loading Icon in the bottom and then suddenly the game just CTD

super weird and I don't know how to fix this.

Haven't found anyone with that issue yet 

I've tried to restart the mission but I got the same issue at the exact same time. I also lowered the Volumetric Quality from Ultra to high but it didn't help

Message 5 of 70 (2,421 Views)

Squadrons crash at end of mission 2

★★★★★ Newbie

Platform:PC
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Awesomejlee
Which VR Platform are you using? Steam VR
Which part of the game is the issue happening in? Other
Please explain 'Other' Campaign Mission 2
What were you doing when the bug occurred? Step by Step detail is helpful. Flying.
Where did this issue occur? Please include menu name or in game location. At the (I guess?) end of mission two after the Star Destroyer destroys the three quasars, the screen fades to black, then crashes to desktop with no errors.
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 02.10.20 18.02
What happens when the bug occurs? Game crashes.
What do you expect to see? Game to work.
Which ship were you playing? If not applicable, just answer "no" or "none." X Wing
What components were you using? stock
Which customizations (if any) were you using? stock

Basically covered already. After the Star Destroyer gets captured and it destroys the three Quasars, the game fades to black like a cutscene is coming, then crashes to desktop. Using an HP Reverb.

Message 7 of 70 (3,024 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@PB0_Foxy I've set mine to medium. For some reason that worked, so I stopped trying other settings.
Message 8 of 70 (2,394 Views)

Re: Squadrons crash at end of mission 2

★★★★★ Newbie
@jmlee236 Update: Works fine when NOT in VR. Bypassed the bug with game not in VR and able to continue as normal once the mission finished.
Message 9 of 70 (3,010 Views)

Mission 2 - Yavin. Game stuck after Targeting System destroyed

★★★ Newbie

Platform:PC
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? EtherDragon
Which VR Platform are you using? Oculus Rift
Which part of the game is the issue happening in? Prologue
What were you doing when the bug occurred? Step by Step detail is helpful. Enter Mission 2 - Yavin Destroy all Tie Fighters Engage Star Destroyer Destroy Targeting System on Star Destroyer Game pauses, instructing player to rebalance their shields. Game does not resume when the shields are rebalanced - forcing the user to exit the game from Windows
Where did this issue occur? Please include menu name or in game location. Issue occurs immediately after destroying the Targeting System on Star Destroyer Game pauses, instructing player to rebalance their shields. Game does not resume when the shields are rebalanced - forcing the user to exit the game from Windows
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 02.10.20 04:30PDT
What happens when the bug occurs? Game pauses, instructing player to rebalance their shields. Game does not resume when the shields are rebalanced - forcing the user to exit the game from Windows
What do you expect to see? Game should resume, allowing the player to finish the mission.
Which ship were you playing? If not applicable, just answer "no" or "none." X-Wing
What components were you using? Stock components for the mission (not editable by player)
Which customizations (if any) were you using? None / NA

In Mission 2 - Yavin:

Immediately after destroying the targeting system the game pauses and instructs the player to rebalance shields before resuming.

Upon rebalancing the shields, the mission does not resume and no control inputs are accepted, including keyboard input to return to the menu.

The only choice is to exit the game through Windows.

Message 10 of 70 (2,503 Views)