Re: Crash during gameplay

by Anonymous

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Crash during gameplay

[ Edited ]
Anonymous

First crash I've had in about a month. Was looting and C2D. Log attached.

RTX 2080 430.64

Message 1 of 7 (634 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Risk of Rain 2 is not an EA title @Anonymous. As I said above, your DxDiag is showing that you are having a number of system issues as well as issues with games and other programs. 

Have you tried exiting out of all the programs working in the background or even done a clean boot of your system to see if it makes a difference? If not then I would recommend doing so and trying the game again: https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 6 of 7 (552 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Sorry to hear that you are having issues @Anonymous.

Can you grab us a DxDiag so that we can take a look at your system: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 7 (604 Views)

[ Edited ]
Anonymous

Thanks! Attached.

Referring to dxdiag.txt Windows Event Log entries, I know this machine will sometimes blue screen because the Asus Xonar Essence ST audio driver is * buggy. Don't think it's related to this issue though.

Message 3 of 7 (588 Views)

Community Manager

You seem to be having a number of issues with your system @Anonymous. I'm seeing multiple BSOD issues as well as issues with various games. Can I ask when running Apex Legends are you running any third party software? If so can you disable it and try again to see if it makes a difference.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 7 (565 Views)

Anonymous

As indicated above, the BSODs are caused by bad Asus Xonar Essence drivers. It's a known issue that Asus hasnever bothered to address. It is not related to this issue. Risk of Rain 2 is EA. Again, I do not believe it is related to this issue.

I have Steam, Origin, SteelSeries Engine 3, Discord and f.lux running in the background.

Message 5 of 7 (556 Views)

Community Manager

Risk of Rain 2 is not an EA title @Anonymous. As I said above, your DxDiag is showing that you are having a number of system issues as well as issues with games and other programs. 

Have you tried exiting out of all the programs working in the background or even done a clean boot of your system to see if it makes a difference? If not then I would recommend doing so and trying the game again: https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

Darko

Darko.png
Message 6 of 7 (553 Views)

Anonymous

Risk of Rain 2 is Early Access. Crashes are not unexpected.

Windows 10 was installed fresh about 3 weeks ago.

Let's leave this here.

Thanks for your assistance.

Message 7 of 7 (545 Views)