Crash at Startup when my HOTAS is Plugged In

by PickleFart9

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Crash at Startup when my HOTAS is Plugged In

★★★ Newbie

I was getting force close crashes at startup. The game just closes right to thhe desktop right after the anti-cheat splash screen is complete and it tries to start the game to full screen. I tried everything I could find but nothing seemed to fix the issue. Then I unplugged my HOTAS and it started up instantly. Re-plugged the HOTAS and crashed like before. Tried it in another USB port, same crash issue.

I have an old HOTAS: A Thrustmaster Top Gun Afterburner FFB (Force Feedback). It is recognized in Windows with all buttons working, but it seems to cause this game to crash. Are there any solutions to get my HOTAS working with this game?

Message 1 of 6 (901 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Crash at Startup when my HOTAS is Plugged In

★★★ Newbie
@majoradvance Apparently this is a problem with FS2020 too with this flight stick. I found post where a guy forced the drivers to a Saitek Evo Force, tried it and worked! I'm now playing but the game thinks I have 12 buttons instead of 8, will take some control remapping

https://www.reddit.com/r/hotas/comments/ifn9z4/comment/g2x95xj

View in thread

Message 3 of 6 (849 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice
@PickleFart9 Same joystick and exact same issue. Crashes with joystick plugged in, starts up fine with it unplugged.
Message 2 of 6 (876 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@majoradvance Apparently this is a problem with FS2020 too with this flight stick. I found post where a guy forced the drivers to a Saitek Evo Force, tried it and worked! I'm now playing but the game thinks I have 12 buttons instead of 8, will take some control remapping

https://www.reddit.com/r/hotas/comments/ifn9z4/comment/g2x95xj
Message 3 of 6 (850 Views)

★★★ Novice
@PickleFart9 Nice find! I'll give it a try tonight and let you know my results.
Message 4 of 6 (800 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@PickleFart9Sorry for the delay. I finally got around to trying this and I'm up and running.  Thanks!

Message 5 of 6 (644 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Nice! Glad to hear it worked for you too.

Message 6 of 6 (598 Views)