Re: Crash after update Season 1

by _S7ORM-BRINGR

Original Post

Re: Apex Legends Crash no error - PC (apex_crash.txt)

★★ Novice

crashes after every time i exit game

Message 2141 of 2,184 (1,259 Views)

crash

★★★ Newbie
Message 2142 of 2,184 (1,234 Views)

★ Apprentice

Crash after latest update. It seems the game started to crash way more often now.

Message 2143 of 2,184 (1,249 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide

@OrioStorm , just passing by to say thank you. Standard smile Happily playing on 5100mhz now without crashes.

Message 2144 of 2,184 (1,241 Views)

Re: apex legend crash

Community Manager (retired)

@Reaktansx, it looks like you crashed in ucrtbase.dll, which the internet tells me is a Microsoft DLL that's either a part of the Windows operating system or part of the Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime (CRT = c run time).

Unfortunately, the callstack couldn't find what code called the crashing function, so I can't tell anything more.

Message 2145 of 2,184 (1,236 Views)

@_S7ORM-BRINGR, that's great! I'm glad to hear that, and thanks for taking the time to say thanks.

I haven't seen anybody else report the Intel-specific crashes since the patch either.

Message 2146 of 2,184 (1,235 Views)

Re: Apex Legends Crash no error - PC (apex_crash.txt)

@TriHardN00b, that seems to be a crash in Microsoft's text-to-speech DLL after our code exits. Another engineer is looking to see if we can do anything to fix this.

Message 2147 of 2,184 (1,231 Views)

Re: Please analyze this error statement.

@KumaSan_Gaooo, that's an interesting call graph. Usually, unnamed modules are in threads they created themselves, so we have no way to tell what third party code is crashing. But in this case, the unknown module is called from D3D, which is called from our code.

So, I can tell you with 99% confidence that this is a crash in your graphics driver.

Message 2148 of 2,184 (1,229 Views)

@beZuzu this looks like a crash in your graphics driver. Our code called Direct3D 11, which called this code, which crashed.

Message 2149 of 2,184 (1,225 Views)

@HarlowAhimsa both of your crashes are in ss5lsp.dll. This is called from WS2_32.DLL, which is a Windows OS DLL for doing networking (WS2 == WinSock 2, which is Windows Sockets, and a socket is a name for a connection between PCs).

Google failed me at figuring out what ss5lsp is, but hopefully knowing that it's probably a networking driver combined with your knowledge of your own PC will help you fix it!

Message 2150 of 2,184 (1,228 Views)