Re: Crash after update Season 1

by pigfaceguy

Original Post

Community Manager (retired)

After looking at another round of logs, the following people are getting the same Intel CPU crash that was described in post 1984, so I won't repeat that all here. In short, this appears to be an Intel hardware bug that is only fixed by lowering clock speeds, but we're trying to change the code to avoid this bug in a future patch.

@L43_Egoinori @DrMuadDib @VeirraX @tacos4none @Lunchb0x88 @threevo @SteveeeeeS @420-Xx-Pam-xX-69 @AdInfinitumIX @Flakey_DI @TheSpruceMoos3 @r3amped @zeeistheman @BartukTheGreat @WontStopPoopin 

Apparently, I mentioned too many people, so I have to do two posts.

Message 2021 of 2,184 (669 Views)

★★★ Novice

@OrioStorm wrote:

After looking at another round of logs, the following people are getting the same Intel CPU crash that was described in post 1984, so I won't repeat that all here. In short, this appears to be an Intel hardware bug that is only fixed by lowering clock speeds, but we're trying to change the code to avoid this bug in a future patch.

@L43_Egoinori @DrMuadDib @VeirraX @tacos4none @Lunchb0x88 @threevo @SteveeeeeS @420-Xx-Pam-xX-69 @AdInfinitumIX @Flakey_DI @TheSpruceMoos3 @r3amped @zeeistheman @BartukTheGreat @WontStopPoopin 

Apparently, I mentioned too many people, so I have to do two posts.

I put my cpu back to stock speeds and got more crashes than I did overclocked. Do I have to underclock to get it to work properly for now? Or should I just wait for the workaround?

Message 2022 of 2,184 (663 Views)

★★★★ Novice

after 2 hours another crash

Message 2023 of 2,184 (656 Views)

Re: Apex Legends - Game crashed.

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

@OrioStorm Nice, thanks a lot!
Hope it gets fixed. Around 1 in 10 games this crash happens.

Hope you have a great day!

Message 2024 of 2,184 (643 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@OrioStorm I can confirm this. I have i7 9700k overclocked at 5.0 GHZ. As soon I put back to factory, all of the crashes have stopped. Still able to keep my GPU OC 

I've played well over 100 games 

Message 2025 of 2,184 (630 Views)

★★★★ Novice

First crash since the most recent patch.

Message 2026 of 2,184 (624 Views)

★★★ Newbie

crash all the time

Message 2027 of 2,184 (612 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@OrioStorm thank you for your in-depth explanations I really appreciate it!

Message 2028 of 2,184 (606 Views)

★ Novice

Whilst Epic forces their employees to work 70-100 hour weeks, it appears that all Respawn staff are working part time. 3 months into the release and the game is still crashing? LOLLLLLLLLLLLL 

Message 2029 of 2,184 (690 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

so even after going back to stock speeds on my 8700k, im still crashing. Are you sure this is the issue. Are they going to fix this, because its getting ridiculous. its happening mid match

Message 2030 of 2,184 (656 Views)