Re: Crash/Game closes on connecting to server

by Traitor_Joe42

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Crash/Game closes on connecting to server

★★ Apprentice

So this crash is an odd one. Please chime in if you encounter the same issue.

What happens:
Click play

EAC loads up

The game starts

Starting screen (EA / Respawn logo)

Black Screen with Apex logo

Crash when attempting to connect servers

The odd thing about it is, this crash will only happen at certain times and troubleshooted or not will resolve itself after a while naturally. When affected users report it, it happens for all of them at the same time and will resolve itself for everyone at the same time.

Sidenote: If you run Origin in offline mode and kick up the game it won't crash but after the first loading screen greet you with the appropriate message to go online, but no crash. 

Which makes me assume it's an issue when connecting to the server.

Here a video to visualize it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhUI20Gcq6Y

I experienced this issue at the following times (GMT / Ireland)

26.02.2019: 11.30PM till 12.20AM

25.02.2019: 12.00AM till 01:00 AM (± 20 min, have not logged the exact time for this one)

Other report on reddit I found for the same topic:

https://www.reddit.com/r/apexlegends/comments/aufap8/all_my_friend_and_i_now_crash_on_startup/

(not sure the next one is the same, but fits the description) https://www.reddit.com/r/apexlegends/comments/auasz2/please_help_game_suddenly_crashes_on_startup/

Message 1 of 5 (569 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★ Apprentice

Found a workaround:

Change origin to offline mode, launch game, wait for it to tell you it cannot connect, go online in Origin , hit "retry".

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (541 Views)

All Replies

★★ Apprentice

Found a workaround:

Change origin to offline mode, launch game, wait for it to tell you it cannot connect, go online in Origin , hit "retry".
Message 2 of 5 (542 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Traitor_Joe42 Chiming in to say that I started getting this problem about 1pm EST yesterday (July 10th), and have had it twice now. The fix works every time! Standard smile
Message 3 of 5 (509 Views)

★★★★ Novice

VERY VERY Glad to hear it still does its wonders for individuals! My issue resolved itself after a while. If it still happens make sure to file a newer bugreport for it, use my post as a template. This will help getting new upvotes and shows that some aspects of the bug are still existing. However, given it's the same outcome, it might get easier fixed.

Message 4 of 5 (371 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Apprentice

VERY VERY Glad to hear it still does its wonders for individuals! My issue resolved itself after a while. If it still happens make sure to file a newer bugreport for it, use my post as a template. This will help getting new upvotes and shows that some aspects of the bug are still existing. However, given it's the same outcome, it might get easier fixed.

Message 5 of 5 (485 Views)