by kyunisenpai

Original Post

Crash/Freeze on "connecting to EA" screen

★★ Novice

Product: Need for Speed Heat
Platform:PC
Summarize your bug Crash/Freeze on "connecting to EA" screen
What car were you using? Nissan silvia s15
Was the car your own build or downloaded from the in-game community? Personal Build
What was the last event you played?
Was it a day or a night event?
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? It happens as i log in. Every time
What happens when the bug occurs? The game launches, plays the clips on the press button screen, as soon as i proceed it immediately crashes on the connecting to EA screen
What do you expect to see? I expect the game to continue

I've searched online for a solution to no avail, and have already been in contact with EA. They provided me with some basic help but it has not worked.

If it makes any form of difference i have the deluxe edition. My PC is well built to play the game and i have 27 hours longed already with no issues at all.

The issue happens if i play online or offline. if i attempt offline it gets to the same screen but with a warning message over it informing me that it cant log in but still freezes there.

Message 1 of 9 (2,810 Views)

Crash/Freeze on "connecting to EA" screen

★★ Novice

Product: Need for Speed Heat
Platform:PC
Summarize your bug Crash/Freeze on "connecting to EA" screen
What car were you using? Nissan silvia s15
Was the car your own build or downloaded from the in-game community? Personal Build
What was the last event you played?
Was it a day or a night event?
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? It happens as i log in. Every time
What happens when the bug occurs? The game launches, plays the clips on the press button screen, as soon as i proceed it immediately crashes on the connecting to EA screen
What do you expect to see? I expect the game to continue

I've searched online for a solution to no avail, and have already been in contact with EA. They provided me with some basic help but it has not worked.

If it makes any form of difference i have the deluxe edition. My PC is well built to play the game and i have 27 hours longed already with no issues at all.

The issue happens if i play online or offline. if i attempt offline it gets to the same screen but with a warning message over it informing me that it cant log in but still freezes there.

Message 2 of 9 (2,830 Views)

Re: Crash/Freeze on "connecting to EA" screen

Community Manager

Hey, did you install anything around the time your issue started? Can I check if you've tried the repair function at any point?

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 3 of 9 (2,781 Views)

★★ Novice

I have tried the repair function and no i didn't install anything. I've actually been in contact with EA Help over on twitter and we've gone over almost everything with still no fix (ive been speaking to Bob)

the only things we're currently unsure of is is there was a incompatible windows update around the time of the 1st error.

The game updated the morning after the 1st crash but still with no fix for the bug i encounterd

The error first occurred half way thew playing where it froze during a race. I did manage to restart my computer and the game successfully after that but joined an online game where i usually play solo. When i attempted to go back to the main menu to log back on but in solo mode it froze again and ever since ive been having this issue.

Message 4 of 9 (2,768 Views)

Community Manager

@NerdyKnifer Thank you. If you pop into your Windows Update does that show anything as incomplete/do you have the option to try the update you mentioned again?

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 5 of 9 (2,766 Views)

★★ Novice

Ive been in contact with 3 different people on EA's help line on twitter now and have gone threw multiple attempts to fix my bug. None have worked.

Ill post my chats here if that will help.

I understand games do experience problems but its been over a week now and i am starting to get frustrated.

Message 6 of 9 (2,706 Views)

★★★ Newbie

im having same problem
have u resolved the problem?

Message 7 of 9 (2,235 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_David I'm having the same exact issue. windows and all of my internal drivers have been updated. however, when the game starts, my CPU monitor reads the game is trying to only use 2 cores instead of the 16 available. causing my pc to Blue screen. Is there an issue with the core distribution during the startup process?
Message 8 of 9 (2,205 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had the same issue, I just waited without skipping the error message, and it worked. I'm on ps4 but I hope it works for you too. 

Message 9 of 9 (2,005 Views)