Re: Crash: Blue screen (Error CE-34878-0)

by warslag

Original Post

Crash: Blue screen (Error CE-34878-0)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Looks we have more blue screen issues with recent patch, can dev take a look the error code (CE-34878-0) and provide feedback what could be the reason?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFlniyqIfkk

at 10:00

This frustate one of youtube player to breaking point. Appreciate the feedback from Respawn dev. Thanks.

Message 1 of 6 (359 Views)

Champion (Retired)

A quick search came up with the following information regarding the PS4 error code CE-34878:

"CE-34878-0 PS4 Error Code

Help Library : Error Codes

An error has occurred with the application.

1. Close the application, install the latest System Software and game updates and restart the system.
  2. If you have upgraded the Hard Disk Drive ("HDD") in your system, please re-install the original HDD.
  3. If the error occurs again, back up your saved data, and then go to [Settings] > [Initialization] and choose [Initialize PS4].
  4. If the error occurs with every application, or as soon as the application starts, please contact PlayStation Support."

Source.

Message 2 of 6 (345 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

That ^ or you can have a look at connection troubleshooting on ea website!

Message 3 of 6 (339 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I'm not saying it doesn't happen, it could also be that your / they're heat sink and thermal paste is dried up around / on the processor  or it's very very thin or non existent. 

ever since I re compounded my original ps4 I hardly ever see the CE-34878-0 before the compound I used to get it all the time at least 3-4 time's a month.

I've only seen one CE-34878-0 since the update [first / only time since the game released]

Message 4 of 6 (313 Views)

Community Manager

@warslag 

I just want to point out that I would be very reluctant to initialise my console, that is basically a full console wipe and should only be done as a last resort.

Generally we would not recommend that particular troubleshooting step.

The alternative is to choose the Rebuild Database option instead.

barry.png
Message 5 of 6 (275 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@EA_Barry 

Thank you for pointing that out.

I would also like to reiterate that should anyone be considering initialising their system they should first back up all their data. As per Sony's instructions copy pasted in my original reply.

Message 6 of 6 (256 Views)