Crash Apex pc with errors

by Un_Tizio_1802

Original Post

Crash Apex pc with errors

★ Novice

Hello, during my games on pc the game freezes  sometimes, giving me these errors:

Engine Error - 0x887A0006 - DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG  The applications device failed due to badly formed commands send by the application. This is an Design-Time Issue that should be investigated and fixed

0x887A0005 - DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED The video card has beem physically removed from the system, or a driver upgrade for the video card has occurred. The application should destroy and recreate the device. For help debugging the problem, call ID3D10Device::GetDeviceRemovedReason.

or the game closes suddenly, giving me an apex_crash.txt file

Please help me beacuse these crashes makes the game frustrating, specially during ranked games.

Message 1 of 10 (1,388 Views)

Re: Crash Apex pc with errors

★★ Apprentice

yep, middle of a ranked match and this is what happens. thanks for not giving me loss forgiveness with this too. I'm uninstalling your * game until this, the silent footsteps, and the matchmaking they absolutely refuse to talk about get fixed 100%.

I have 1000+ hours in this game and spent probably $1000 on the * from the store as well.

Almost a year later and this is still happening. Unacceptable.

Message 2 of 10 (1,322 Views)

★★ Apprentice

crickets....why am I surprised to hear nothing about this.

Dev's won't acknowledge SBMM, Dev's won't acknowledge silent footsteps, Dev's wont acknowledge THIS SAME CRASH THATS BEEN HAPPENING TO THEIR GAMES SINCE TF2. I'm over it respawn. I will legit just go play PUBG. This is nonsense.

Message 3 of 10 (1,261 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Un_Tizio_1802 im having the same problem "0x887a0005 dxgi_error_device_removed"

tried reinstalling drivers, the registry edit "fix" on youtube
Running an RTX 2080Ti so i know its not a graphics setting issue
Message 4 of 10 (1,234 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@Darth_Elmo_TM06 ive been having this problem since a few weeks before cod came out. ive had posts in the forums and chatted with EA "support chat". and they essentially had nothing for me to do. i went out and tried a few things, different drivers, repairing game, reinstalling game, messing with in game graphic settings. still an everyday problem. EA chat support asked if my power supply was large enough........ no idea what to do at this point . They suggested i post in the forums.... im pretty sure there is a post in here from October of 2016 titanfall with the same error. i also have a 2080ti, on a fresh new gen ryzen build. from reading these posts, seems like its a 20 series problem.
Message 5 of 10 (1,171 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@SpeedyColt dude 1 team left no one down, all gold shields, get this crash in a ranked game. it happens with no warning running perfect then bam done. so annoying and cant find any solution.
Message 6 of 10 (1,169 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@iamballmeatHey ho , go to nvidia settings , Adjust desktop size and position , Override scaling mode set by games and programs , do a hook , and Oc ur graphic card???? clock down ur graphiccard with 35 mhz or so , its works fine 2 me

Message 7 of 10 (1,082 Views)

error 0x887A0005

★★ Novice

Anyone know about this error, 0x887A0005, since it bothers a lot and now that they have put the penalties, worse.
Yes, someone knows why the problem and how to solve it, I would appreciate it.

Message 8 of 10 (1,010 Views)

Re: error 0x887A0005

★★★★ Pro
@l-ZuuZ-llP Not familiar with it but if I were you getting this I would make sure my Video card drivers were up to date and even consider doing a clean install of them instead of updating.
Message 9 of 10 (1,000 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

It's basically a well known problem, mostly with RTX Nvidia cards (20XX cards). A lot of people with 2080s and 2080 TIs (myself) have this issue, and have had it, for a long time, despite confirming the system passes prime95, Memtest86, and has no similar issues with other games using the latest drivers available.

It's up to respawn and nvidia to hash it out.

Message 10 of 10 (945 Views)