by CipherChain

Original Post

Re: Crackling audio and Stuttering Video

★★★★ Novice

@CipherChain Still nothing...

Message 31 of 58 (1,451 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@Grashnazraz@proxos666 Bump again to bring back up to the top.  Still No Fix.

Message 32 of 58 (1,437 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Started an imperial agent. Still having crackling audio and stuttering video.

Message 33 of 58 (1,417 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@Grashnazraz@proxos666Bumping this again after a while.  Figured someone has had some time to look into things at this point.  This issue is too prevalent for me now, it happens everywhere in game , its making it very difficult to enjoy.   And because of that, i am playing less and less and even thinking about pulling my sub until I can find a fix, though I would really not want to.

Message 34 of 58 (1,376 Views)

@CipherChain

Have you had a look at the temps of the CPU and GPU at all with say hwinfo ?

Just to cover all things , it is worth checking based on this post

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 35 of 58 (1,369 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@proxos666

So that post suggests cleaning out your rig, which I did shortly before this problem came up and shortly after.

Message 36 of 58 (1,354 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Started to play this week and just today the crackling bug has happenend. It's rather annoying and I don't understand why it wasn't repaired already. Since I was searching for solution I've discovered that this issue is quite old and common. Now I'm not sure if subscribing was good idea.

Message 37 of 58 (1,324 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I started playing the game three days ago and was really pleased with the experience so far and even considered subscribing. The issue occurred today and I've spent the last few hours trying out most of the fixes for it found online, sadly without luck. It turns out that the issue is quite old, like someone above me mentioned, but there is still not a known fix. I'm playing from old Lenovo G580 Laptop on medium-low settings and max resolution. I didn't have any FPS or sound issues until today and I haven't changed any of the in-game preferences. 

Message 38 of 58 (1,297 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Confirmed - my GPU is NVidia and system is quite stable and runs all manner of other games networked and solitary campaign regardless. Drivers are not the issue it is system level either instantiated by a game patch/update or newer O.S. updates fixes/patches breaking game compatibility.

It is more than likely issue with the operating system than the game; Windows 7 & 8 have gotten a slew of security patches & updates recently and Windows 10 opts to do entire "in-place" upgrades to itself. Why would the game already work with the system and drivers then gradually degrade about the time it begins to rain updates, patches and hot-fixes for Windows - do the math. Other Windows users reported that they sought assistance in the Microsoft Windows support channels only to get a response like "it's an issue with Electronic Arts services" - maybe - maybe not - more than likely not.

Have the same exact issues (noise, popping and frame-rate drop/lag) as everyone else while using Windows 10; everything thing else like video editing software, games and scores of other larger, memory intensive software work as they should, but SWTOR has issues everywhere like the hard drive and RAM hate it. I'm not buying that it's EA, I'm not buying the user installed their drivers incorrectly canned responses. Content and patches often bring with them holes that need patching and rests upon the game developers and if it is at the O.S. level they need to contact Microsoft for support concerning the matter and may take some time doing so.

These issues are not operator head space or EA lacking interest in our gaming enjoyment, but O.S. system level management. The game had worked prior to release of Windows 10 and an awesome slew of updates to Windows 7 and 8.1 recently, the newer content was also working well with little negative feedback or performance loss, so it has to be - yes the o.s. I've beat the dead horse long enough, but in closing don't hate yourselves, EA or SWTOR dev-heads or the stupid advice flying around we merely must wait for the inevitable quiet hot-fixes and system patches that update our operating systems - this is the same stuff that happened with XP, Vista, 7 and 8 (s.o.s. peeps) get used to it.

I should and will also inform anyone reading this thread that many Windows 10 users are reporting these exact issues in scores - do be aware of this fact.

On a side-note - I was trying to play SWTOR today while Windows 10 was updating itself in the background; once complete Win10 decided to reboot my system while I was right in the middle of the first mission. I only knew that Windows butchered my gaming moment due to the alert/notification that "Windows has installed updates" after the system rebooted. This type of behavior has been going on for some time and has met nothing but excuses and flame wars in the Windows forums when mentioned. I was in the Windows Insider Preview testers group (think I still am) and have seen numerous complaints about the auto-update mechanism doing things like this. As it currently stands there are few update configuration opportunities to iron out the problems manually. Depending on how frequently your Windows 10 system updates you may notice intermittent performance issues & disconnections like those discussed in this thread for some time to come.

Message 39 of 58 (1,293 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I stopped playing the game and cancelled my sub about two years back when this bug hit me and saw no repairs in sight.

I figured with the release of the new expansion they'd have fixed it and maybe patched out the issue.

Booted up the game today and surprise the bug is back and worse than ever.

I've tried everything suggested in this posting [and most of the older ones] and even pulled out a different laptop to try and run the game [to no avail as the bug reared it's head on that one as well]

Glad to see that after nearly five years of this bug being reported there has yet to be a fix. LINK

Also supplying the DxDiag on the system I played this on the most.

Message 40 of 58 (1,274 Views)