Cpu usage rising to 100% while launching results in chrashing

by dktheduck

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Cpu usage rising to 100% while launching results in chrashing

★★★ Newbie

Whenever i try to open the game,i get past the easy anti cheat and get into the first loading screen, i then see the logo try to move and then instantly freeze. I have no idea why this happens, the first time i discovered it was after the first patch after the start of season 1.

Specs:

CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K 8-Core, 8-Thread, 3.60 GHz

Ram: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 3000MHz

MB: ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-F GAMING

GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 970 Gaming 4GB

Message 1 of 4 (517 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Cpu usage rising to 100% while launching results in chrashing

★★★ Newbie

Found a solution to the problem after messing around for a couple more hours. It seems that at some point having the setting "-novid" to your launch option, started resulting in this chrash for me.

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (473 Views)

All Replies

★ Pro
If you use afterburner there is a sort of log where u can see things happening cpu/ram etc.. Change the default skin to v2 If you run it while booting the game maybe u can try to figure out what is happening
Message 2 of 4 (509 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

When i launch the game i i see a spike in GPU usage as the game window opens, as soon as that is done GPU usage goes down, and the CPU usage starts going towards 100%. I have marked the parts of the graphs corresponding to the actions explained with red boxes, one for the GPU and the other for CPU.

(The end of the graph within the red square of the CPU usage is after i had already closed the program, with task manager)

Udklip.PNG

Message 3 of 4 (491 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Found a solution to the problem after messing around for a couple more hours. It seems that at some point having the setting "-novid" to your launch option, started resulting in this chrash for me.

Message 4 of 4 (474 Views)