Cpu does not have POPCNT! help

by trakgamer12

Original Post

Re: Cpu does not have POPCNT! help

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@Sorenalike wrote:

money value is not exactly the same everywhere you need to grow up

Money value is money value. Your choices what to do with your money has no bearing on anyone else, as it shouldn't. 

@Sorenalike wrote:

System Requirements is just a recommendation

No, Recommended System Requirements is a recommendation. It's in the title. There's usually two with most games; a requirement, and a recommendation. They're not the same thing.

I also found it hilarious when you told me to 'grow up'. Guess what's a part of growing up. Managing your money for the things you want. Things cost money, until you can afford them, you usually can't have them.

Message 221 of 586 (759 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Yeah exactly i am managing my money perfectly thats why i don't have 1000 dollars CPU in my system .. i get what i need
also money value is not the same .. the CPU you might pay to buy there for like 300 dollars its like 1500 dollars here
So if thats requirement then why my friend with G620 CPU and gt410 playing this game ? thats just a recommendation dude there is no argument about that.

Message 222 of 586 (750 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@Sorenalike wrote:

So if thats requirement then why my friend with G620 CPU and g410 playing this game ? 

Because they have similar architecture. You know what doesn't... a Core2 Duo, or Quad, or a Xeon from the same generation.

Message 223 of 586 (748 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

exactly so you can't call it requirements specs.. a normal user don't know what tech used in his CPU he just wants to play the game find out whats the issue that he can't play and if there is a way to make it happen thats why we are waiting for an EA member to look into our issues because it happened before
Its pretty simple actually

Message 224 of 586 (747 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@Sorenalike wrote:

exactly so you can't call it requirements specs.. 

Yes you can. Yet again, an understanding of how technology works would allow you to get a grasp of things here.

@Sorenalike wrote:

a normal user don't know what tech used in his CPU he just wants to play the game find out whats the issue that he can't play and if there is a way to make it happen thats why we are waiting for an EA member to look into our issues because it happened before
Its pretty simple actually

So is upgrading your PC, or if you can't, understanding that you're not going to be able to do things with it.

I want to turn my old laptop into a million dollar mining machine. I demand all mining software people get on making that possible, I'm just going to sit here and pout until that happens.

Message 225 of 586 (734 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@Sorenalike 

On a positive note, at least the belligerent and unhelpful troll helps to keep the thread active.Fingers crossed

Message 226 of 586 (989 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@RevGunthak
Tell me about it :D ... some ppl just don't want to understand

Message 227 of 586 (961 Views)

★ Guide

@Sorenalike wrote:

Tell me about it :D ... some ppl just don't want to understand

Oh, the irony...

Message 228 of 586 (982 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

ok come on end this * you guyz are getting distracted off topic and not everyone has good pc but still games can work regardless of their min req. so chill guyz 

and no need to show off your intelligence here

and  if the game works on ur pc u need to get off from this topic ASAP we don't need u here 

Message 229 of 586 (2,002 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

The level of  fud being thrown around is amazing in this thread, Cpu instructions  are not like  monolithic  supports, they are a "language" for the processor to interpret, you can do that same thing many different ways. new features are introduced to improve performance over older instructions, having specialized paths is not good , because some things will execute faster using older instructions and some on newer instructions, which is why most applications use a MIXTURE of instructions to get the best possible performance.

What happens if in 3 years  a manufacturer launches a cpu that doesn't support an older instruction, and software that lacks a fallback, will simply cease to function. this is something that can and has happened, it is best practice to leave a fall back or make it generic  incase of such an event. good example of such an instruction set is 3dnow! no current cpus support it, if you had a piece of software that depended on it exclusively, it would simply stop working.

it is frankly idiotic to argue against  having maximum compatibility, when this type of work is not done by a human, it is done almost always by the compiler.

There is essentially no cost to keeping compatibility.

my advice to anyone "defending" ea's incompetence , is to try compiling any program yourself  with some optimization flags and find a reason why fixing this issue is "very difficult " or  a "waste of time"

https://www.zdnet.com/article/amd-says-goodbye-to-3dnow-instruction-set/

read  the comments on this article for some laughs

edit: also, it probably took more work to add the error warning , than it is to change the compiler flags just an fyi

Message 230 of 586 (2,086 Views)