Re: "CPU does not have POPCNT!"

by Sorenalike

Original Post

Re: Cpu does not have POPCNT! help

★ Guide

@NoSimpsAllowed wrote:

I compared two dual core CPU's with a similar benchmark score but with other factors which made the similar score irrelevant for gaming. - Fail

Thank you for confirming you made another strawman argument. Quite failed.

@NoSimpsAllowed wrote:

You gave percentages without any reference material.  That would be like writing a paper in school where the teacher needs 2 references for your writing assignment and you don't give any.  My point is at least I gave you a reference where you just make claims with no evidence. - Fail

Reference material wasn't needed to prove a point. Though, an ability to find the point might be needed in your case.

@NoSimpsAllowed wrote:

Again, I gave you evidence on youtube that the Q9XXX series play modern games fine - Fail

Yes, it played a somewhat recent game at an extremely low resolution. Even then it had plenty of issues. Though, I'm sure you get used to the constant freezing. I guess that's what some consider 'fine'. What does the same GPU do on a recent i7? Does it show any sort of a bottleneck? Might it be a bottleneck of 200% or more?

Thank you for confirming what I said, congrats on that brilliance. 

Message 451 of 586 (849 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I would really stop feeding the troll ... everyone knows who is right here..
its like saying DX12 is out ! so kill DX11 no game should run on it
.. its about compatibility not performance .. and it never was...
The game company that is making the game should know that... and EA is all being political about games .. and banning countries proves that... which should not be related to it..at all
its a filthy game.. and if its overrated devs decided to do so .. so be it.
Any sane person that does a little research will understand what is going on here ...
@NoSimpsAllowedyou can argue with this troll all day like .. i did the same thing but some ppl are just that way and you know it.. but hopefully seems like he now understands that its not performance issue..

Message 452 of 586 (790 Views)

★ Guide

@SorenalikeLOL!  The thing with trolls is they like to cause trouble for some odd enjoyment.  Initially I thought ok, I'll use logic and knowledge about computing but once you get a troll they just want to argue for the sake of arguing.  I think it has to be some attachment issue or insecurities.   

Message 453 of 586 (831 Views)

★ Guide
It took a while for intel to understand that too but now they do
idk if you guys noticed but they used to tag their older cpu's as "END OF LIFE" now they change it to "discontinued" .. its just matter of time
some ppl might not notice but its a big change and i am glad they did it
Message 454 of 586 (828 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

edit:weird now its back !

Message 455 of 586 (826 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have q9500 and its work s like a dream

Message 456 of 586 (744 Views)

★ Guide

@GgHAZeGg  Of course it does.  The best price per performance C2Q's out there are the Q9400 and Q9500.  Particularly the Q9400 seeing you can pick those up for under $15 U.S.  The Q9500, Q9550, X3360 can get pricey though.

Message 457 of 586 (692 Views)

★ Guide

@Sorenalike wrote:

edit:weird now its back !

Their forums were having issues for a short bit.

Message 458 of 586 (687 Views)

★ Guide

@ccb9951Good point!  Most of us have the Q9XXX or the Xeon equivalents.  These chips play modern games just fine.  As for a Core 2 Duo LOL!  Yeah I wouldn't game on that. 

Message 459 of 586 (1,237 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

the problem is compatibility ... a single core g470 at 2ghz can launch this game while our very capable quad core cpu can't even launch this game thats the issue... talking about performance is really point less here

Message 460 of 586 (775 Views)