Re: Cpu does not have POPCNT! help

by Sorenalike

Original Post

★★★★ Apprentice
And our computers are powerful enough to give to our little brothers/sisters, our nephews.. in the future. People who can afford a new computer will buy a better one, but old PCs aren't just throwed away to the bin if they work...
Message 241 of 586 (1,387 Views)

★ Guide

Up 

Message 242 of 586 (1,324 Views)

★★★ Guide

@Psyrecx 

"Making an attempt at overly generalizing things will not make you correct.

You can compile as much as you like, and still be incorrect."

-----------------------------------------------------

I'll respectfully side with the fellow who actually does/did this coding for a living, and also reference a recent history of POPCNT fixes, as opposed to siding with the guy generalizing about code, with no experience, attempting to diminish and marginalize people's concerns.

Thank you for your input, and your patience @AlphaSoda 

Message 243 of 586 (1,206 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Game says i played for 2hours ? pretty sure i didn't :\

Message 244 of 586 (1,072 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Someone has more info about this?

Message 245 of 586 (1,076 Views)

★ Guide
@EA_Darko Perhaps if we got some clear and concise communication from the developers on why they won't support our platform, while many others have patched their games to make them compatible, then you wouldn't have such passionate debates going on....

It's you, the community managers and the developers who've let us down and left us chomping at the bit for results and answers.

If I can run the game (for a round, or sometimes 2) with a below spec GPU, in potato mode @ 800x600 resolution /halved/ (ie. 400x300), simply because the terrible 2-core CPU in my laptop happens to support an instruction, then I see no reason my way-way more powerful desktop CPU and GPU should be excluded. This issue /screams/ of developer negligence/ambivalence/laziness. I wish your shareholders were able to be contacted directly, they usually aren't happy when money is simply being left on the table. You'd think EA and their currently shaky reputation would want some kind of good-faith image boost these days; you certainly aren't improving my image of you, nor my desire to give you my patronage, right now.

Again, it's a serious kick in the teeth when weaker hardware is permitted to run your game, while fully competent hardware is forced into obsolescence.
Message 246 of 586 (1,416 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Pourtant j'ai un quad core Q8300 + 6 Go avec une GeForce 750 2Go.

Le CPU ne monte pas à 4 GHz mais je pense qu'avec un 3.2 cela suffit largement.

Prochaine étape : faire un upgrade de configuration

Message 247 of 586 (1,288 Views)

★ Guide

@RevGunthak wrote:

I'll respectfully side with the fellow who actually does/did this coding for a living

You're not the only one...

Message 248 of 586 (1,283 Views)

★ Guide
Spaztiq1978 dam you are right ... hopefully they will fix the issue for us...
Message 249 of 586 (1,031 Views)

★★★ Guide

@Octopushy 

That's a funny anecdote.

Your ancient dual core laptop can launch Apex and play at sub-720p (haha), but your massively more powerful desktop can't even launch the game.

All because of an easily fixable POPCNT compatibility problem.

But it's true, this is free-to-play -- and this thread is filled with potential Apex spenders being cast aside.

Message 250 of 586 (774 Views)