Re: Cpu does not have POPCNT! help

by RevGunthak

Original Post

★ Guide

@Sorenalike wrote:

I am pretty sure i can reach around 100 if my friend with his gt 410 and g620 cpu can reach 30-40 fps
q9650 OC to 4.3ghz + gtx 960 ppl got even better gpus

Yes, a G620 is a Sandy Bridge. It's a slightly worse 2nd gen i series. It's still 3-4 years newer than a core2, or a xeon of the same age. It's not just about the name of the CPU. It's about the technology behind it. I still have a 1090T and it would stomp a core2, or a X5470, but I wouldn't trust it with Apex, and haven't fired it up in years. This are good for a while, but that doesn't mean they'll last forever, or should be used after a decade since they were released, I mean, beyond a nostalgia standpoint. But, demanding newer games support them is just ridiculous. 

There's no requirement for them to even allow anything over a year old. They allow far enough back, but 2007 is back when Bush was still in office. He retired... so should that technology.

Message 181 of 586 (1,186 Views)

★★★ Guide

@Psyrecx 

"How many professional gamers use a 60hz screen? How many use less than double that?

No, 60FPS isn't even passing. It's been passed. 75hz would be sluggish these days. Hell, they made CRT's that did that.

Enjoy your dated technology, while I play Apex at 180FPS, on a computer that can handle it."

-----------------------------------------------------------

And there we go, folks. The crux of his argument wasn't merely, "Blah blah, get a new computer" -

- it was actually, "Blah blah, I'm super elitist and I'm saying 60fps is for infidels and plebs!"

Meanwhile, you can watch and read professional tech analysis sites like Digital Foundry and clearly see that a smooth, properly frame-paced 60 frames-per-second is a very enjoyable experience, physiologically, for any average person. Article after article, video after video, 60fps is quite fine when it's locked.

Rofl, he says: "75Hz would be sluggish these days. Enjoy your dated technology, while I play Apex at 180FPS."

Way to go, Mr. Fancy Pants. BTW - does it look like the people in this thread are complaining about not being able to play Apex at 120fps?

Or desperately trying to play the game "professionally" - as you say?

Hahaha, get out of here. Not helpful for this issue. Elitist nonsense showing its true colors.

Message 182 of 586 (1,182 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@RevGunthak wrote:

@Psyrecx 

"How many professional gamers use a 60hz screen? How many use less than double that?

No, 60FPS isn't even passing. It's been passed. 75hz would be sluggish these days. Hell, they made CRT's that did that.

Enjoy your dated technology, while I play Apex at 180FPS, on a computer that can handle it."

-----------------------------------------------------------

And there we go, folks. The crux of his argument wasn't merely, "Blah blah, get a new computer" -

- it was actually, "Blah blah, I'm super elitist and I'm saying 60fps is for infidels and plebs!"

Meanwhile, you can watch and read professional tech analysis sites like Digital Foundry and clearly see that a smooth, properly frame-paced 60 frames-per-second is a very enjoyable experience, physiologically, for any average person. Article after article, video after video, 60fps is quite fine when it's locked.

Rofl, he says: "75Hz would be sluggish these days. Enjoy your dated technology, while I play Apex at 180FPS."

Way to go, Mr. Fancy Pants. BTW - does it look like the people in this thread are complaining about not being able to play Apex at 120fps?

Or desperately trying to play the game "professionally" - as you say?

Hahaha, get out of here. Not helpful for this issue. Elitist nonsense showing its true colors.

Yes, anyone who knows what other people are using is an 'elitist'.

The standards move even if you choose not to.  MSI just announced that 1440p is becoming the new standard. 1080p wasn't even the standard when your CPU was released.

You asked about 60FPS. You just can't handle the answer.

It's not my fault if you hope to one day be considered an 'average person'. Some people aim higher.

Apex is a competitive game, made for competitive gamers. Not for the sub average hopefuls.

You're the one who brought up frame rates. Don't ask questions you cannot handle the answers for.

Oh, and if you're wondering about colors, 10-bit, with local dimming.

Message 183 of 586 (941 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I think its important for people to realize that this "problem" is very trivial.

very likely could be a solved by  simply setting

"-arch=SSE2 -axSSE4.1,SSE4.2,SSSE3,SSE3"  instead of  something like "-march=corei7"  in the compiler options.

(only exception would be if they wrote something by hand  in asm that used those instructions, which would be kinda ridiculous, and a waste of time, especially for a multi platform game)

Im not really sure why respawn deicided to target the feature-set the way they did, seems like an oversight, costs them basically nothing to be compatible with more cpus. i really wish there was a better way to communicate this to respawn.

Message 184 of 586 (1,092 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Everyone concerned should tweet their favorite Respawn dev:

[The POPCNT error] can very likely be solved by simply setting:

"-arch=SSE2 -axSSE4.1,SSE4.2,SSSE3,SSE3" instead of something like "-march=corei7" in the compiler options.

Unless you wrote something by hand in asm that used those instructions, which would be kinda ridiculous.

(^ 280 characters Tongue out)

Message 185 of 586 (1,050 Views)

★★★ Newbie

They patched no man's sky because of a similar issue. It's totally a development issue. Chop chop EA!

Message 186 of 586 (955 Views)

★ Guide

Still no official aknowledgement. We need a definitive answer.

Message 187 of 586 (850 Views)

★ Guide

Any one knows when the next update is ?

Message 188 of 586 (1,167 Views)

Blue and Red team CPU related issues

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Hello EA

I am trying to play one of your games called Apex Legends but seems like you don't check the topics that tagged as "Solved" which is clearly is not ..
I got 8GB ram 1333Mhz, Intel Q9650 Cpu 4.3ghz OC and GTX 960 for GPU 
I pretty much can play everything these days beside your game.. i am an getting an error called POPCNT .. as you can see CPU is old but still kicking strong.. so i am wondering, are you going to fix this issue or there is no way for me to play your game ... it would be nice if i get a definite answer from you ... so i know if i should wait for you for a fix ? are you working on it ? or not...
Seems like Red team and Blue team (amd and intel) both got issues... Are you going to fix this problem in near future ?
Thats all Thank you

Kind regards 

Message 189 of 586 (2,103 Views)

Re: Blue and Red team CPU related issues

★★★★ Novice

we all wait clearly answer last 3 weeks Standard smile

Message 190 of 586 (2,788 Views)