Re: Cpu does not have POPCNT! help

by Jokubazs

Original Post

★ Guide

I don't understand how this issue could ever get any negative attention.

- "Minimum requirements" are not a physical check.

This is not console gaming with strict environments and components set in stone, I'm not trying to run a PS3 game in a PS2, this is desktop gaming. A high end piece from the last decade can run about every game with little to no performance issue whatsoever. Compatible CPUs below min. requirements can still play this game.

- The problem is compatibility. 

This is not a performance problem. You just keep throwing around that "if you're under minimum requirements the game won't play well". That is simply wrong, a lie, and anyone making this up is either misguided or irrationally angry for unintelligible reasons. My PC is fully capable to run this game, and has always done exceptionally well. Just for the record, it's none of your business whether someone wants to play this on a potato or not. 

- There is a solution

This is a known issue that has already been solved before by users. But we can't apply the same solution because it would trigger the anti cheating program. Moreso, a much more elegant solution with 0 performance hit is out there already, but can't be implemented for the same reason. This can be patched in. It's also literally one line of code.

We want to be aknowledged and want a definitive answer to act accordingly.

Message 171 of 586 (936 Views)

★ Guide

@Cozzolino92 wrote:

We want to be aknowledged and want a definitive answer to act accordingly.

It gets the attention it deserves. Yes, people don't like being forced to upgrade things, but if you want something, you better make sure you can handle it. Companies shouldn't be forced to adjust a game and risk it's security just because a few people refuse to update their hardware, but for every time Halley's comet comes around. Your system might have been the best when Bush was in office, but that time has come and gone, and so should that hardware.

You are getting acknowledged, it's just not the acknowledgment you want. If your system is over a decade old, it's time to take it out back and put it out to pasture. 

Nobody is going to feel sorry for your refusal to do something you rightfully should. They're just going to shrug it off as they should. It's your choice not to upgrade, and that means it's your choice not to play. You can't blame everyone else for your choices.

It's not like 10 years ago they didn't have system requirements. Yeah, your system may have met those requirements, but computers a decade before that probably didn't. That's just the way things are. You can either meet the requirements, or find something that meets yours.

Message 172 of 586 (901 Views)

★★★★ Novice
A good example for me is always battleborn- my pc is waaay below its minimum system requirements but it runs on constant 40 fps and no you dont need 60 fps to enjoy a game
Message 173 of 586 (893 Views)

★ Guide
User attention is not aknowledgement. We need an official response from a member of the developer team or anyone in his place.
You also seem kinda misguided in thinking that a CPU instruction is tied in any way to security.
Message 174 of 586 (890 Views)

★★★ Guide

@Psyrecx 

Your argument disintegrates here:

My system -

Intel Xeon X5470 quad at 3.8 GHz.

16 GB of fast DDR3 system RAM.

RX 580 graphics card w/ 8 GB VRAM.

- runs ALL these games, without exaggeration, at 1080p/High/60fps -

The Witcher 3

Dark Souls 3

GTA V

PUBG

Fear the Wolves

Fortnite

H1Z1

DOOM

Killing Floor 2

Destiny 2

Dishonored 1/2

Deus Ex HR/Mankind Divided

Prey

Final Fantasy XIV and XV

Resident Evil 2 Remake

+ many more.

NOTE: That list actually includes games which received compatibility patches for older CPUs.

Ironically, there were people on those forums just like you - waving their fingers and defending the developer, telling people to stop complaining, because their rigs were just too old, blah blah blah -- and lo and behold, the games were patched and people on OBVIOUSLY ADEQUATE SPECS were able to play.

Don't be an EA apologist, man.

This issue is fixable, and people on clearly better-than-minimum spec machines can run this game.

I'm not hallucinating the very recent 2018-2019 complex AAA games that my PC runs extremely well at high settings.

Period.

Message 175 of 586 (782 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@RevGunthak 

Congrats on passing games with with a new'er GPU and games with low CPU needs. *Golf Clap*

Hmmm, and how's Apex running for you?

Oops, looks like my argument is still afloat. And if you think this'll be the last game that you'll have that issue with, that's even more hilarious.

I even have an extra i7 laying around. Guess what, it too will play all of those games, plus Apex.

Also, 60FPS is a standard from the same time as your CPU. Good luck doing anything competitive.

Message 176 of 586 (762 Views)

★ Guide
its not about having an old or new system my friend got a cpu from 2010 and he still can run the game
this is about compatibility .. 2quad cores are still capable of running any game these days if developers dont limit them.. they expect us to upgrade our cpu which also includes mainboard ram and probably different part just for their games ? its not possible and if they don't wanna fix it its ok just let us know .. thats all we need..
Message 177 of 586 (759 Views)

★★★ Guide

@Psyrecx 

"Oops, looks like my argument is still afloat."

-----------------------------------------------------

You know what else floats...

Also, what's this "passing" nonsense?

Is 1080p, High to Ultra, at 60fps merely "passing"?

Or the people with my CPU and a GTX 1080 doing 1440p/60 and 2160p/30?

In games that are rather CPU demanding, games that only run at 30fps on consoles (even the Pro and X)?

Hmm, merely "passing"?

You're just being contrarian for the sake of it, while I offer provable examples.

As evidenced by your lame, throwaway comment at the end, "Pfft, 60fps? Good luck doing anything competitive."

Hahahaha. Okay then.

Message 178 of 586 (1,129 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I am pretty sure i can reach around 100 if my friend with his gt 410 and g620 cpu can reach 30-40 fps
q9650 OC to 4.3ghz + gtx 960 ppl got even better gpus

Message 179 of 586 (1,091 Views)

★ Guide

@RevGunthak wrote:

@Psyrecx 

In games that are rather CPU demanding, games that only run at 30fps on consoles (even the Pro and X)?

Hmm, merely "passing"?

You're just being contrarian for the sake of it, while I offer provable examples.

As evidenced by your lame, throwaway comment at the end, "Pfft, 60fps? Good luck doing anything competitive."

Hahahaha. Okay then.

@RevGunthak wrote:

@Psyrecx 

Hmm, merely "passing"?

Hahahaha. Okay then.

How many professional gamers use a 60hz screen? How many use less than double that?

They would tell you to go kick rocks if you told them to play at 60hz. Oh wait, consoles can't do it, so nobody else should be. No, 60FPS isn't even passing. It's been passed. 75hz would be sluggish these days. Hell, they made CRT's that did that. 

Enjoy your dated technology, while I play Apex at 180FPS, on a computer that can handle it. 

I didn't come here to be rude, but... I have no issues with dropping to your level.unless that level is 2007 and 60hz.

Message 180 of 586 (1,185 Views)