Re: Re-Open the "Cpu does not have POPCNT! help" issue!

by Jokubazs

Original Post

Re-Open the "Cpu does not have POPCNT! help" issue!

★★★★★ Novice

Please re-open the pre-existing Issue, "Cpu does not have POPCNT! help" The problem is not solved and thousands of gamers want to play...

Message 151 of 586 (1,236 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Today I contacted the support team they told me 

"we know our players put in a lot of hard work, money and time in the game and EA is here to acknowledge and help. I have mentioned the same here and the team is looking for it so please wait for sometime when they will check the request for the same, the issue will get resolved .

As the game is newly launched with new features we were expecting challenges through this initial phase we appreciate your efforts to report this issue and help EA make gaming experience better not just for you also other players.

Good thing is, our team is aware and has already started working towards a resolution. I’d request you to just wait for some time while we look into it. Within few hours the issue will get fixed."

Message 152 of 586 (968 Views)

★★★★ Novice
"within few hours the issue will be fixed". Well if it won't be fixed by tomorrow morning i'm uninstalling the game
Message 153 of 586 (934 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

"within few hours the issue will be fixed"

So, how many hours is a few hours? Because they know about this error ever since the first post in this thread got posted, which was 02-13-2019 04:51 PM... Clock Confused

Message 154 of 586 (920 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide
@Oc3an8wrote:

Today I contacted the support team they told me 

"we know our players put in a lot of hard work, money and time in the game and EA is here to acknowledge and help. I have mentioned the same here and the team is looking for it so please wait for sometime when they will check the request for the same, the issue will get resolved .

As the game is newly launched with new features we were expecting challenges through this initial phase we appreciate your efforts to report this issue and help EA make gaming experience better not just for you also other players.

Good thing is, our team is aware and has already started working towards a resolution. I’d request you to just wait for some time while we look into it. Within few hours the issue will get fixed."

--------------------------------------------------------------

Guys, in customer support, the above ^ is what's known as a "Macro". Some agent selected a pre-built response from a category in his helpdesk program, and then they pasted it in with a small amount of personalization. Presto, there's your generic response. The macro was probably called "Known Issue" or in the Known Issue category.

It's deplorable. Note the broken Engrish in the parts the agent bothered to change.

In any case, don't read anything into it ("within a few hours..."). That's one of their most generic macros (applies to basically any situation).

Although it makes me hopeful that the issue is still an Open issue, because the agent didn't select a generic "your system doesn't meet specification" macro.

(it's possible the agent was having a bad day and just hit cruise control and fed you the generic 'any problem' macro too, oblivious to the POPCNT problem).

Message 155 of 586 (911 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

lol he said issue will be fixed within few hours 

are u sure u asked the tech guy the same issue

Message 156 of 586 (797 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Thats the true question..
Message 157 of 586 (791 Views)

Re: Cpu does not have POPCNT! help

★★★ Newbie
yeah man! same x5450
Message 158 of 586 (1,218 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I have this problem aswell. I'm on a old high end CPU that is unsupported but would run this game just fine. I would like to know why this thread is marked as "solved" while the issue persists. Does that mean it's never going to be addressed, or is it being looked into?

Message 159 of 586 (1,380 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I Hope that are working on a fix
Message 160 of 586 (1,298 Views)