Re: Cpu does not have POPCNT! help

by AquaZOnyXz

Original Post

Hero

@aries1470 wrote:
@TheMightyShank @RevGunthak
This is an easy fix apparantly.
The game is based on TitanFall, and TitalFall can be played on Core2Quad/ Xeons etc, but due to the other program, that is why that call is required. It can easily be re-done, or a patch be made available just for people with this class of CPU's.
Now, if EA wants to do it is a totally different matter.
For further reading:
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2019-apex-legends-tech-analysis
So yeah, game engine is mostly the same...

I'm sorry. You cannot use that article as it doesn't talk about anything that relates to how easy or how hard the change of use of certain CPU instruction sets are.

You cannot call it "an easy fix" based on nothing.

carbonic signature

Message 111 of 586 (4,722 Views)

★★★ Novice
Same with Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4 GHz...Pls fix this
Message 112 of 586 (4,713 Views)

Error In Apex Legends - Unsupported CPU- POPCNT

★★★ Novice

Is there any command line argument to fix the error unsupported cpu - popcnt???

Message 113 of 586 (5,490 Views)

Re: Error In Apex Legends - Unsupported CPU- POPCNT

Message 114 of 586 (5,478 Views)

★★★ Guide

@Neth_Nana 

At 2.4Ghz that's going to be difficult, even if they patch compatibility.

Old and slow is not a great combo. Old and really fast lets you get by.

Game really wants about 3.2Ghz to 3.8Ghz minimum.

But I understand: you'd like to be able to find this out for yourself, in the game.

Message 115 of 586 (4,626 Views)

★★★ Newbie

when will it be fixed

Message 116 of 586 (5,410 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
probably never becouse the devs dont care
Message 117 of 586 (5,358 Views)

★ Apprentice
Wtf,my processor have sse 4.1 but i cant open the game "POPCNT"
Message 118 of 586 (2,133 Views)

★★★★ Novice

A funny thing is that a c2q @4 Ghz can't run the game while a less powerful i3 540 @3 ghz can.
Strange system requirements anyway

Message 119 of 586 (1,544 Views)

POPCNT error

★★★ Novice

Hello, 

I understand that a lot of ppl are spamming about this "POPCNT" error happening, but is there any possible way that the devs can go around without using this command from the SSE4.2 instruction set?

Now, I understand that processors that dont support it are really old and maybe cant run the game, but in a lot of cases these old processors actually can run your game smoothly.

For example, I just bought new parts for my workstation/gaming PC and they are as follows:

• 2x Intel Xeon e5450 @3.00GHz (dual processor setup)
  • 16 GB of RAM at 1333 MHz
  • Nvidia GTX 1070 

As you can see the setup is really powerful and can last me a long time, since the octa-core setup is very very strong even to this date.

That being said, you have thousands of fans sitting on some oldish LGA771/LGA775 sockets being sad they cant throw their money at you and enjoy your game, a patch or some workarounds can get you a bigger fan base and more exposure.

I, myself, am really sad that I'm currently unable to run your game but I'm keeping my hopes high cause i really wanted to play your game and start my youtube career off of it.

Ofcourse, making a game is no easy job, I'm a programmer myself, and I respect your hard work and dedication to making every aspect of this game balanced from heavy coding to the implemantion of new skins, but a single patch could really go a far way. Afterall if you spent month or even years making a game, you can spend anothe hour to learn something new, sadisfy more fans and get more money Wink

That being said, thak you for reading, hopefully you guys can do this and please a big part of your massive community!

Love, Stallaster!

Message 120 of 586 (1,237 Views)