Re: Cpu does not have POPCNT! help

by cgtaurino

Original Post

★★★★ Novice

EA PLEASE, fix this, at least for cpus with SSE4.1 support.

Message 81 of 586 (4,300 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I have Xeon E5450 and I'm getting this error too. Please fix it. A lot of people getting this error.
Message 82 of 586 (5,564 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have Xeon X5355 and I'm getting this error too. I have two GTX 1070 and all games run very well..... Please fix it

Message 83 of 586 (5,520 Views)

★★★ Guide

A programmer friend of mine in Montreal was familiar with the process over beers, re: POPCNT.

He says it shouldn't be a deal breaker in terms of launching runtime/game engine, and that there's likely something else involved here.

I asked him if he thinks they're using it as a barrier to entry/gateway, which he didn't understand at first. I clarified, like as a means to cull the herd past a certain generation, irrespective of specs. Probably not. It's something that can be remapped.

Describing the specs I have in that PC and mentioning recent titles it runs at good settings/fps, he agreed it should be fine - mentioning an old i5 (5 months after my Xeon released) he has loaded Apex on no problem (though he plays on console 99% time).

I digress. We agreed it seems odd that Apex wouldn't want to serve an existing demographic of battle royale players -

(I.e., our PCs already play every other major BR competitor out there).

I dunno friends, sounds like there's a way.

Message 84 of 586 (5,442 Views)

EA please solve this incompatibility error on core 2 quad CPU :(

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

EA please solve this incompatibility error with the CPU CORE 2 QUAD, my core 2 quad is the Q9505 2.83ghz and it presents that error. CPU does not have POPCNT! EA please solve this error!!!

my pc is...

CPU core 2 quad q9505 2.83ghz

GPU GT 1030 2gb

8gb RAM.

Message 85 of 586 (5,251 Views)

Re: EA please solve this incompatibility error on core 2 quad CPU :(

★★ Guide
You better get new CPU rather than EA wasting money on team to optimize it on 2 quad which isnt even used by that many people.
Message 86 of 586 (5,249 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
i have an intel core 2 quad Q9550 processor. is more powerful than intel core i3.pleas fix it.
Message 87 of 586 (5,419 Views)

★★★ Novice

I HAD THIS PROBLEM TOO FIX THIS EA !

Message 88 of 586 (5,388 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Intel Core 2 Quad 9650 :v

Message 89 of 586 (5,350 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Everyone needs to remember that the LGA775 processors date back to 2006 - 2010. This means the oldest processors are currently 13 years old, and the newest are 9 years old. This means the majority of people, especially gamers, will have something newer and more efficient. The developers of games don't create a game engine to target specific hardware, they target specific instructions to make their game engine run more smoothly.

The developers will not 'patch' the game to not use these instructions for a random 216 people who can't play the game because they didn't upgrade to something that isn't ancient. You guys have computers from the xbox 360 / PS2 era. Yes, they can run modern games with a decent graphics card, but it doesn't cost so much that it's impossible to upgrade. A LGA 1155 system costs just about the same for triple the performance.

Essentially, what I am saying, EA integrated popcnt into their game engine, and there will be no fix for this. Now you can emulate newer instructions on your old processors, but it's honestly not worth the hassle. Buy an Optiplex 7010 off of eBay for $100 USD, slap a graphics card in and play the game, and all the games you haven't been able to run because of your potatoes.

Message 90 of 586 (4,090 Views)