Re: Couch play button mapping

by HondaHead270

Original Post

Couch play button mapping

★★★★ Novice

Play any mode in HUT, or Play Now with a second controller that requires a different control map than the first controller/account. When youre playing couch play, change the scheme on the second controller. Start the game. It will never, ever stick past the loading screen. It must be changed, every single time. With games like HUT Rush, this makes it more like HUT Menus when playing with significant others/friends. We used to hit RB at the Controller Select screen, pick NHL 94 for my girlfriend, because it was defaulted to my personal choice of Skill Stick when I was original player--but it was set. Until the game was over, you didn't have to worry. Now, you can pick NHL 94 in the 'Select' screen with RB.. and it won't be NHL 94 when you actually load the game. You'll be forced to hit the menus, go to settings, and change the control scheme, on the affected controller.

This wasn't always the case. One day, on NHL 17 or 18 (I can't remember that part. I want to say Tarasenko cover) there was an update, and it never worked the same. Ever again. I'd like for the chose controller scheme to be able to be set from the main menu in a way that works past any loading screen you encounter.

https://youtu.be/tM7QXVFZypg

Message 1 of 2 (337 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Couch play button mapping

★★★★ Novice

Ttt

Message 2 of 2 (304 Views)