Re: Corrupted save file

by Kelrycor

Original Post

Corrupted save file

★★★ Newbie

Started playing the game, and as son as 4 enemies jumped on me, the screen went black to load. And the game stopped working. Had to beboot my computer. Once I've opened the game once again the save file I was using has a "currupted" label right beside it. So now I have to start over again. Sure, it's only 20 minutes so far. But what if it happens when I'm far in the game? 
Anyone can tell me if this is usual?

Message 1 of 4 (1,022 Views)

★★★ Newbie

So, I've started the game once again. This time I've played for about two hours before the game froze. And now my second save file is corrupted. It's impossible to play a game like this!

Message 2 of 4 (997 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've just spent three hours straight with technical support from EA. in the way, a guy litterally said to me I should search for help in the forums since they didn't had tools or expertizes to solve the problem. 
Dumb me for buying a game in Origin. It won't happen again.

Message 3 of 4 (992 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@MotherSerpent

I, so far, can tell you that this behaviour is not usual. Played this game nice and straighed without any troubles.

Sad to hear about your problem, but it seems you have just bad luck.

The key issue is why the heck the game stops working. Maybe the game freeze is happening because the game has troubles writing down the local save file to you hard disk. Or the file is being damaged in the process of the hard reboot of the PC you perform. (this can alway damage data that is in the cache or files being accessed in that moment).

Take a look when the problem is happening:

1. what does the disk controller LED do? Is it perfmanently lighted or is it flashing randomly or absolute dark?

2. Can you enter Task Manager when the game freezes (press CTRL+SHIFT+ESC) and close the game instead of hard rebooting the PC?

3. Are other processes still wroking in the background? maybe if you listen to MP3 music or being in Teamspeak? Can you still hear those programs?

4. Recall the time the game freezed, after reboot go into the windows event log, the system logfile and seach for any event with the source "disk" that would indicate a disk read/write failure. The time is making it easier to find via the timestamp in the log

Remember you can save you local save file manually, so you want loose al lthe progress in the process:

C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\LocalLow\Zoink Games\Fe

In this folder there is also a log file and  crash dump. is there any specific information in there?

Maybe you can load them up here, as well as teh DXDiag file (after another crash).

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Troubleshooting-Guides-Info/Guide-Posting-a-DxDiag/m-p/4832663/highlight/t...

Message 4 of 4 (941 Views)