Corrupted save file. NBA LIVE 18 Progress lost.

by Retrokidbk

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Corrupted save file. NBA LIVE 18 Progress lost.

★★★ Novice
My little brothers save file got corrupted and he can no lost all progress in his game (crates and his overall). Is there a fix for this. He grinded his * off and is ready to trade in the game. I was able to convert him back to Live he purchased a hard copy from GameStop and all. He's ready to trade in and go back to 2k. We can't let that happen, b!
Message 3 of 13 (10,137 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Corrupted save file. NBA LIVE 18 Progress lost.

Community Manager

@Retrokidbk

If an offline save becomes corrupt, we are not able to recover that. Enabling cloud saves is advised to help prevent this in future:

XB1 cloud saves: https://support.xbox.com/en-IE/games/game-setup/cloud-game-saves-faq

PS4 cloud saves: https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/get-help/help-library/playstation-plus/playstation-plus/playstatio...

barry.png

View in thread

Message 4 of 13 (13,256 Views)

All Replies

Lost Game Data, Settings and Progress

★★★ Newbie
Hi. When I was loading the game for my Xbox One Dashboard, after it connected to the EA Servers, I was surprised that I received a pop up message that says “Thank you for playing the DEMO” and I may continue my progress on being the one by playing the game. I was like damn. I already did all that and I was a 98 OVR. LVL 50 on the streets n LVL 50 on the league. All my game progress are gone. Objectives completed, Gone. All rewards, GONE! I went from 98 back 78 just like that. I talked to ea help in twitter,, he asked if I’m sure if wasn’t launching the demo again??? This messed up. FIX THIS PLEASE!!! I didn’t spent my money just to be played like that. I didn’t waste my time grinding for progress just to screwed by the servers!
Message 1 of 13 (9,965 Views)

Re: Lost Game Data, Settings and Progress

★★★ Newbie

Did they ever resolve this issue for you? I'm having the same problem and I'm hella pissed.

Message 2 of 13 (9,919 Views)

Community Manager

@Retrokidbk

If an offline save becomes corrupt, we are not able to recover that. Enabling cloud saves is advised to help prevent this in future:

XB1 cloud saves: https://support.xbox.com/en-IE/games/game-setup/cloud-game-saves-faq

PS4 cloud saves: https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/get-help/help-library/playstation-plus/playstation-plus/playstatio...

barry.png
Message 4 of 13 (13,257 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The same thing happened to me, I had a 98 and a 83 they got corrupted and i went to a 70 overall. On my second account my 87 got corrupted.

Message 5 of 13 (9,752 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I was playing nba live 18 on ps4 then my nba live 18 crashed when i was play live run 3v3 when it crashed and close the application and when i had start the game back up i press the start button then on my tv its said data corrupted i have lost my throwback jerseys and shoes and my 5 created players i lost everything please fix it please please please please please please please please please please fix it I need my stuff back I put hard work on it
Message 6 of 13 (9,515 Views)

★★★ Novice

I too have lost all my progress, second character and have been set back to after demo progress. I was playing the night before but that next morning when I logged in to see the new daily challenge it showed only my first character after the completion of the demo with all my progress and items gone. My second character which was maxed out completely gone. I contacted technical support and was only directed to the forums. Here I am with months of time and money invested with no solutions, help, or items and progress replacements. Even with multiple footage of these things existing on my account they wont help. A rep claimed they had no way of tracking progression or items in game when the game itself says it does. I really loved and enjoyed this game but now all I'm left with is a sour taste in my mouth...

Message 7 of 13 (9,475 Views)

★★★ Novice

Btw I have local and cloud saves. Neither fixed my problem.

Message 8 of 13 (9,474 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

yep i have also had this problem its beyond a joke they need to fix this asap im starting again for the 3rd time  and would be surprised if it happened a gain and if it does happen again the disk will be getting snapped in half. and if it cant be fixed i want to be compensated.

Message 9 of 13 (9,420 Views)

★★★ Newbie

How do these save files become corrupt in the first place? This is the only game I have ever experienced having this issue. It seems that the users on here have had all of their hard work arbitrarily vanish, and no viable explanation has been offered by EA sports. All I hear is, "sorry, there's nothing we can do about it." Fix your bug.

Message 10 of 13 (9,389 Views)