Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Cora Harper: Asari Ark Transponder Bug.

by JayBroxigar

Original Post

Re: Cora Harper: Asari Ark Transponder Bug.

★★★★ Novice

Full disclosure: I'm not a coder. 

However, it seems like it would be fairly simple to find a work around. From what it sounds like all they'd really have to do is force those quest mobs to respawn after a check on a quest step. Hoping this gets fixed sometime this week.

I might be wrong.

Message 51 of 168 (1,104 Views)

★★★ Newbie

yep, same issue here, sniping them and then this bull***t. I´m waaaay past this point with no save. I´ll wait now for the fix until i progress further. Oh, this mortal coin....... ^^

Message 52 of 168 (1,088 Views)

★★★★ Newbie

Me too, i lost an hours progress on this. Its not like its the first bug either, architects,etc. bloody hell EA get your self sorted and hire a QA Dept

Message 53 of 168 (1,003 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Told to our junior QA's about this bug with sniping ketts and no trigger activation after that. After short laughter I asked them not to miss such bugs in the fututre. Thanks, EA, you're helping me to share real life cases within QA ranks. Cool

Message 54 of 168 (978 Views)

★★★★ Newbie

Having the same problem. Like others, I too sniped from the ridge, clearing out the all the kett, preventing script from deploying a dropship and progressing the mission. But I don't have a previous save file I am willing to reload, since that was several Priority Missions ago. I hope this sort of thing doesn't reoccur. I like to snipe.

Message 55 of 168 (967 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Can confirm this bug on Xbox One. Bad guys were shot with a Sandstorm, from a distance. No second wave came, and when I'm standing directly over the transponder it says my quest is 3m away without any option to scan or interact.

I tried:

- completing Voeld and coming back

- completing Havarl and coming back

- dying on the site (due to life support failure)

- scanning from every angle

This is a massive bug. The arks are the point of the initiative, and I can't find one of them. This might not be 'main story' but it may as well be. I have no earlier saves, and am hours upon hours past this bug. I'm stopping playing the game, until it's fixed.

Message 56 of 168 (927 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Same thing here.  I figured I would come back to it and find it fixed so I finished Voeld.  Didn't start looking into it seriously until I got back to work from my 1 week of PTO to play Mass Effect Andromeda.  So the save I have before this incident is 23% of the game ago (14 levels, 5 AVP levels, and 27 hours wasted).  I can't be that screwed can I?  I don't want to practically start over but I don't want to just leave this quest until my second playthrough either. 

Console command?  Patch?  There has to be something.  I tried changing FOV (up and down) and saving at different distances away from the transponder and none of them worked.

Message 57 of 168 (918 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Add me to the list. XB1 and sniped them. Did not realize it broke quests until later in a vault sniping into a room without passing door threshold.
Message 58 of 168 (857 Views)

★★★★ Novice
On Xbox One, Deluxe Version of Andromeda.

I think I stumbled upon the site in my initial exploration of Voeld, before I even got the quest. I triggered the drop ship but didn't stick around to fight. Short of reloading chapter 3 and losing about 20 hours or gameplay, no prior save fixes the issue.

I'd label this as a pretty high priority bug (since almost all quests in game are optional) because it affects an entire characters story progression and ultimately prevent unlocking the lvl6 skills on Cora. It also affects the Matchmaking achievement by stopping a romance option.
Message 59 of 168 (831 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It's definitely a big bug that impedes a significant portion of gameplay. 

I would love to hear from the dev team about this.

Message 60 of 168 (814 Views)

me-andromeda-fem

Keep your account safe

We'll make sure it's you by sending you a code for your trusted devices.

Learn more about Login Verification on EA Help

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help