Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Cora Harper: Asari Ark Transponder Bug.

by john1272

Original Post

★★★★ Newbie

I must've sniped from a hill and when I got down to the location I couldn't access anything. Wasn't sure what was going on so I left and continued with my game. But now i've explored two more planets, found all the other arks and their respective pathfinders, and can't move on and find the asari ark or its pathfinder because of this one bug. Is this gonna effect my endgame? 

Message 31 of 168 (1,947 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Same deal for me. The first time I encountered the camp I rushed it. Two dropships brought in Kett reinforcements and I died. The second time I sniped the enemies from the nearby hills and no reinforcements were triggered. I figured missing that trigger must have had something to do with the bug. 

Message 32 of 168 (1,931 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Having the same issue. Sniped the 3 or 4 enemies, saved to reload and it's now the earliest save I've got that isn't an entire planet ago.

How the hell did this make it through QA? Oh, that's right, there's no QA in EA.

Message 33 of 168 (1,890 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Newbie

This is a finding the Ark quest line and needs to be fixed!  I have decided to stop playing on until this and the other known quest arc bugs are fixed, nothing is more frustrating in Mass Effect then broken story arcs that cannot be completed.

Message 34 of 168 (1,867 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I also encounter the same bug.

I approach the enemy with sniper and the trigger won't work. 

When I go in another planet and go back I can't activate or scan the transponder;

Hope this bug could be resolve quickly because I really want to find this ark! ^^

Message 35 of 168 (1,804 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This problem yet persists, unfortunately.

Message 36 of 168 (1,795 Views)

★★★★ Newbie

Same here. I reloaded latetest save and got closer to the site to tricker the event then ran away to snipe.

Message 37 of 168 (1,792 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Same problem. I also sniped from the hill. 

Camp is permanently cleared of all hostiles. I have gone on to other planets and other quests and have no save file before the event. I have also returned to the location with Cora several times. The transponder is physically visible at the exact point of the navpoint I have, scanning it does nothing and I cannot interact with it. Quest does not progress no matter which direction I approach from either on foot or by vehicle.

I am about to proceed to test if having Cora as your first squaddie or second squaddie is a thing. I've kept her in slot two for most of the game. I do not have high hopes for this.

EDIT: I can confirm that Cora's position in your squad is irrelevant. 

Message 38 of 168 (1,726 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Problably not a solution for the bug in general but sometimes, placeables that need to be scanned are only scanable from a certain point of view and angle when a yellow line apears around the objekts borders. I noticed that at a different quest where i had to find footprints on a planet, took me some time to find out how to progress in that quest.

Message 39 of 168 (1,721 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

You're right about some things requiring a specific view point but I've spent a considerable quantity of time viewing the transponder from multiple angles both with the scanner and without. (for purposes of interact attempts) That ain't the solution, thanks for the input though. 

Maybe it has something to do with visiting all of the false sites first? I don't think I visited all of them but I don't know where they are to confirm.

Edit: Attached a screenshot of the transponder.

Edit 2: Yes, I have two Sandstorm rifles. One shoots lightning, the other explodes. I like utility. A lot.

Message 40 of 168 (1,700 Views)

me-andromeda-fem

Keep your account safe

We'll make sure it's you by sending you a code for your trusted devices.

Learn more about Login Verification on EA Help

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help