Controls not working for focus

by CainXX

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Controls not working for focus

★★★★★ Newbie

Sea of solitude: After meeting the first monster and clearing the corruption your are supposed to focus. On screen there it's showing to use mouse for this. This does not work at all. All I can do is look up and down and it has no effect. I'm a leftie so Buttons are remapped to arrows for movement, maybe this has botched something up but no matter what key or what I do with mouse nothing works. Looks like a beautiful game and sad if this will not let me play it

Message 1 of 4 (3,570 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Controls not working for focus

★★★ Novice

I think the game uses negative mouse acceleration. So the faster you move the mouse, the less the camera moves, but if you move the mouse slowly, the camera is responsive. It feels absolutely horrible to me, and I cannot fathom why anyone would want it, but I other people may think differently.

My hope is that the developers (whom I have contacted) also consider it a bug, and will fix it at some point. I am holding out on playing until then, because the camera controls would ruin the experience.

View in thread

Message 3 of 4 (3,544 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Newbie

So, found out it IS actually working, but mouse sens in this part of game is so INCREDIBLY LOW that it seems to not be moving at all. at 800DPI movement when running is to high, I was considering setting it down. In this section with DPI on 4000 it barely moved, I had to move the mouse equivalent to a real meter to see any change on screen left and right. Up and down seems normal.

So anyone else have this problem be patient and just turn up sense to highest and move left

Message 2 of 4 (3,559 Views)

★★★ Novice

I think the game uses negative mouse acceleration. So the faster you move the mouse, the less the camera moves, but if you move the mouse slowly, the camera is responsive. It feels absolutely horrible to me, and I cannot fathom why anyone would want it, but I other people may think differently.

My hope is that the developers (whom I have contacted) also consider it a bug, and will fix it at some point. I am holding out on playing until then, because the camera controls would ruin the experience.

Message 3 of 4 (3,545 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I did that, and it works. Thank you so much.

Message 4 of 4 (1,250 Views)