Re: Controller settings not saved - xbox one

by mrfrenkel

Original Post

Community Manager

@Nagar37 

Are you sure you tried the steps in this post? Here is what they suggested -

1. Log in each controller with different accounts. (Do not login as a guest)

2. When you choose home/away sides. Make sure to connect each controller to EA server.

3. Create a name, customize your controller and have fun.

There are some people that tried this and it worked for them. I just want to make sure you also followed these steps. Unfortunately, I can't think of anything else that may resolve this.

Aljo.png
Message 11 of 18 (324 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@EA_Aljo I tried to connect with different accounts but, on the first day it worked, too complicated way just to change the controller settings in 2022, it is so dissapointing, and 2 days after i cant do even that (i cant login to the other accounts anymore), and i cant play with mu friends, no one can play with his friends, cant you fix it?
Message 12 of 18 (300 Views)

Community Manager

@Nagar37 

You could try creating accounts that can be used for each controller. I realize this could take a while, but once it's done, it seems it should work. You'd just have each controller logged into its own account.

You say you can't play with your friends. This is because everyone has complicated controller settings that they don't want to change each session or is there something else preventing you all from playing together?

Aljo.png
Message 13 of 18 (292 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@EA_Aljo the different accounts method worked but its too complicated method for 2022 and after hour play the game crash.
every player has its own controller settings, all over the world, im very hoping that EA will fix it, for the game can be accessible for every one in the world.
Message 14 of 18 (266 Views)

Community Manager

@Nagar37 

I'm very sorry for the frustration with this. If there's an update to how controller settings are saved, we'll make an announcement on our official channels.

Aljo.png
Message 15 of 18 (258 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi There,

Is there an update on this issue? 

It also happens to me with Xbox Series X, can't play with friends like that, all controllers(4) are with different accounts, but only the main controller is the only one that can be changed.

This is really frustrating to not be able to do a basic action as changing the configuration in the remote, it looks like you really have a problem here with different consoles it still happens.

Can someone take this finally seriously, doesn't happen in other games, I even got two times a controller got "locked" only in Fifa screens the controller didn't even react.

Next-generation game with next-generation console, can't do the basic controller configuration...  

Message 16 of 18 (237 Views)

Community Manager

@mrfrenkel 

I don't have any updates on this yet, but it's possible there's a workaround. Do you have anything plugged into the USB ports? If so, try unplugging them and see if that makes a difference. Thanks!

Aljo.png
Message 17 of 18 (233 Views)

★★★ Novice

thank you for your reply! 

No nothing is connected to the USB port, even tried connecting controllers directly with wired USB.

so again this is not a solution Standard smile but thank you anyway... 

Message 18 of 18 (228 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

fifa-20-splash

Keep your account safe

Turn on Login Verification to access FUT Web and Companion Apps, and protect your information.

View more on EA Help