Controller not working pc fifa 23

by ZZFISHYY

Original Post

Re: Controller not working while playing online PC

★ Apprentice
@EA_Darko This issue is not exclusively with ps4 and ps5 controllers. People in this thread are having the problem with xbox controllers too.
Message 51 of 775 (11,283 Views)

Controller doesn't work on FIFA 23 PC

★★★★ Novice

I play FIFA 23 on PC via Origin, and game won't recognise my controller like it not plug in, is there any solution to this problem? Controller work fine in any other game

Message 52 of 775 (11,453 Views)

★ Apprentice

It works for me while playing offline, my problem is that it doesn’t work while playing online.

Message 53 of 775 (11,244 Views)

★ Apprentice

The worst thing about this situation right now is the official launch which most probably will cause more and more players to have the same issue. Too many bugs and no solution to it.

Message 54 of 775 (11,232 Views)

Re: Controller doesn't work on FIFA 23 PC

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Same here.  Same controllers I used without any issues in FIFA 22 so I won't accept any BS responses such as unsupported controllers etc, nor are any Steam workarounds a proper fix (which have not worked for me at all).   I know they should work and have worked. Controllers tried is PS4 controller with and without DS4Windows running,   Xbox One controller,  Nacon Wireless with dongle (functions the same as Xbox as far as windows is concerned).  It's always the same that they aren't detected.  The game is literally not playable for me and I feel scammed out of my money right now.

Message 55 of 775 (8,278 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

yep, been trying to fix my game with my controller since 3am this morning and nothing online, EA don't want to help either...

Message 56 of 775 (8,259 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@EA_Darko  To echo what @Spokencrispp has said the issue is not limited to Playstation controllers.   It's also evident with Xbox One controllers and others which identify to Windows as the same.  The issue is happening with controllers that previously worked with FIFA 22 etc and right now EA have scammed people out of their money due to their inability to ship a product that has such a basic function as proper controller support.   I find it absolutely astonishing that this was even a problem in the first place.

@Spokencrispp Yep.  EA don't even seem to want to acknowledge this as an issue that needs to be looked at.  I see many issues "under investigation" but nothing pinned about the PC controller issue despite clear evidence that many people are having the same issue.

(CM: Posts shared in a row have been merged. Check out this post for tips on how to edit and add more to a post.)

Message 57 of 775 (8,062 Views)

★ Apprentice
@inertSpark81 Agreed. For a company that have been creating games for years, this is just a basic matter that should be solve immediately. It involves the controls of a game that 99.9% depends on a controller. Are ea expecting people that play the game on pc to use keyboard and mouse?
Message 58 of 775 (8,174 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@NeV3Rz Keyboard and Mouse doesn't even work for me!! I literally don't have a single way to play Online games on FIFA haha
Message 59 of 775 (8,164 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same problem here

Message 60 of 775 (8,236 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

fifa-20-splash

Keep your account safe

Turn on Login Verification to access FUT Web and Companion Apps, and protect your information.

View more on EA Help