Re: Controller Not Working on PC After March 15 Update

by EA_Kent

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Controller Not Working on PC After March 15 Update

★★ Novice

Apex no longer detects my DS4, which has been running perfectly fine before the Mar 15 update.  I have tried different USB ports and cables.  Windows still detects my controller.  Steam also detects my controller when I go into the calibration window.  Anyone else had this issue or found a fix for it?  Thanks!

Message 1 of 4 (271 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

@DanglesAimAssist 

Got it, thanks! What happens if you try starting up your PC in a Clean Boot before you launch Apex Legends? If there's anything else running on the PC that could be interfering with the controller that may help to get around it. 

For more information on how to set up a Clean Boot check out the EA Help website. Let me know how that goes once you've had the chance to give it a shot. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (227 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hi @DanglesAimAssist

Are you using any third party software for your controller, such as DS4Windows? 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 4 (243 Views)

★★ Novice

I do yes. But I've also played without using DS4 Windows. Either gave me issues before the Mar 15 update. 

Message 3 of 4 (238 Views)

Community Manager

@DanglesAimAssist 

Got it, thanks! What happens if you try starting up your PC in a Clean Boot before you launch Apex Legends? If there's anything else running on the PC that could be interfering with the controller that may help to get around it. 

For more information on how to set up a Clean Boot check out the EA Help website. Let me know how that goes once you've had the chance to give it a shot. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 4 of 4 (228 Views)