Re: Continuously asks me to reset my password; cannot log in even after doing so

by EA_QueenBee

Original Post

Continuously asks me to reset my password; cannot log in even after doing so

★★★ Newbie

This is a very frustrating issue that I cannot myself find a workaround or solution for. When I launch Apex from my steam library and get to the login screen, it tells me my credentials are expired, but "Good news: all [I] need to do is reset [my] password." I wish that were the case but upon resetting my password and launching the game again I get prompted with the same exact message. I have tried re-linking my steam and origin accounts but that didn't help either. I have reset my password twice now and no matter what it gives me the same issue. 

Thanks.

Message 1 of 5 (594 Views)

Re: Continuously asks me to reset my password; cannot log in even after doing so

Community Manager
Hey @ArthurDurry,

It sounds like your Steam account might be linked to an old or disabled EA account. Can you try signing in here with your EA account details, and check that your Steam account is really linked to your EA account?

https://myaccount.ea.com/cp-ui/connectaccounts/index

EA_QueenBeeAHQ.png

Wees aardig voor elkaar | Be kind to each other
Message 2 of 5 (572 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

My account was hacked but I managed to recover it. However, I can no longer see the Steam icon in the EA link bar. When I try to log into Apex through Steam, it just keeps asking me to reset my password instead of linking my EA account. So, how can I link my EA account to Steam through some other way?

Message 3 of 5 (474 Views)

Community Manager
Hey @edwgod,

If you're trying to sign in but keep being asked to reset your password, then it's possible your Steam account is already linked to an old or disabled EA account. I recommend that you reach out to our live support team so they can take a look for you, and see how they can best help you:

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

EA_QueenBeeAHQ.png

Wees aardig voor elkaar | Be kind to each other
Message 4 of 5 (459 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am running into the exact problem. when I open my apex from steam i am met with a msg stating reset your password and then when i do so I am given the same msg. I am unable to attempt to login using a different EA account so I do not know what to do and the only other EA account I have has never been connected to any steam account so I am confused.

Message 5 of 5 (82 Views)