Continuous downloads

by swgoh_kowalski

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Continuous downloads

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I play SWGOH on my iPhone SE (iOS 11.4.1) and since the announcement of the new MOD system, I keep getting these update downloads for 28 MB (11MB at the splash screen and 17MB in the game) every day, several times a day. Actually, every time I close and reopen the app, it forces me to download the “updates”.

This issue is costing me real money as it’s draining data traffic from my SIM!!

Thanks

Message 1 of 2 (234 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Continuous downloads

Community Manager (retired)

@swgoh_kowalski

Hi there,
Sorry that your having an issue with the required content downloads.

When ether the in game store content resets, events, challenges, Guild updates and of course your saved linked progress is drawing from the cloud based server then a small patch will be required each time you load the game up.

You may set your IOS device to ask for these download permissions each time or choose a "Wi Fi" only update download setting so that your Mobile Data plan is not affected.
Below are the details on how to do this, I hope that this answers your question.

ITunes : IOS device Download Settings

https://support.apple.com/en-ie/HT202180

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If a post Answers your question please click on Accept as Solution.
Thank players and help them 'Level Up' by giving them XP.
Thank you for sharing your gaming expertise with your fellow players!

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (213 Views)

All Replies

Re: Continuous downloads

Community Manager (retired)

@swgoh_kowalski

Hi there,
Sorry that your having an issue with the required content downloads.

When ether the in game store content resets, events, challenges, Guild updates and of course your saved linked progress is drawing from the cloud based server then a small patch will be required each time you load the game up.

You may set your IOS device to ask for these download permissions each time or choose a "Wi Fi" only update download setting so that your Mobile Data plan is not affected.
Below are the details on how to do this, I hope that this answers your question.

ITunes : IOS device Download Settings

https://support.apple.com/en-ie/HT202180

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If a post Answers your question please click on Accept as Solution.
Thank players and help them 'Level Up' by giving them XP.
Thank you for sharing your gaming expertise with your fellow players!

Message 2 of 2 (214 Views)