Constantly Disconnected from EA servers NHL 18 HUT mode

by kristsl

Original Post

Constantly Disconnected from EA servers NHL 18 HUT mode

★★ Novice
I've been constantly Disconnected from EA servers while playing or even browsing the menus in HUT mode. Sometimes I manage to complete a full game, but that's very rarely..
Never had issues with previous NHL17.
Also the broadband/internet connection is good without any interruptions.
What could cause such issue with this?
Message 1 of 36 (9,175 Views)

Re: Constantly Disconnected from EA servers NHL 18 HUT mode

Hero (Retired)

I moved your topic to the correct section.

Message 2 of 36 (9,072 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hello @kristsl

Sorry to hear about the issue you are having with NHL 18, when did this issue start to happen for you? 

Also, have you tried any form of troubleshooting? 

/Atic 

Message 3 of 36 (9,004 Views)

★★ Novice
Hello.
Issue has appeared since I bought the game as started playing online.
I have noticed the first crash with the server appears in about 5 minutes as I have turned on NHL HUT mode. After that it's random, but has happened often right before an ending in online game. That's very frustrating as I'm been thrown out the HUT mode, I have lost the game no matter what was the score, the opponent sees as I have discontinued the match and I don't get any EA pucks what so ever.. I tried a lot of the troubleshooting and unfortunately nothing has worked for me.
Any suggestions?
Message 4 of 36 (8,997 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

hey @kristsl

The game thinks that you disconnected because of lack of data sent to the game server. 

I would recommend that you follow this link: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/

If nothing of the steps works please come back to us. Standard smile 

/Atic

Message 5 of 36 (8,932 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am not able to play any online other than EASHL but all my other games work. My xbox is about 7 feet away from the router so its not anything wrong with my connection and my wifi works fine and everything is open. 

Message 6 of 36 (8,925 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice
Same thing here, unable to play for almost a week. HUT is the only game I play, so I'm very disappointed...

I'm on Xbox One, and the server are marked as down on this page since Tuesday... https://help.ea.com/en/nhl/nhl-18/

Will this be fixed at some point?
Message 7 of 36 (8,893 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hey @MathG35 What kind of issue you are getting?

Thanks for the report on that site I have sent that to the right people. The servers are online and people are playing. 

/Atic 

Message 8 of 36 (8,872 Views)

★★★ Novice

Exactly the same error that the OP. My internet connection is perfect, I work from home connected to a server all day and I never have any problem. Only in NHL... Already tried all the troubleshooting I've found...

Kind of sick of this issue... I'll retry tonight, but I'm pretty sure I'll disconnect again in the middle of a game...

Message 9 of 36 (8,869 Views)

★★★ Novice

I've played 2 games yesterday evening without issue. I've tried to play another 20 minutes ago and got disconnected before the first faceoff (at least...). Something it still wrong...

When it happened, I'm kicked out of HUT like the OP. Then if I try to come back, I'll have the "Network Connection Issue" window. I'll just retry a couple of seconds later and it will work. Until the next disconnection...

I'll also get disconnected from the HUT menus from times to times.

Message 10 of 36 (8,852 Views)