Constant stuttering despite sufficient specs?

by 5hrk5

Original Post

Constant stuttering despite sufficient specs?

★★ Novice

Hi!

Here are some of my specs:

i5-6500

MSI RX 480 X 8GB

16 GB Ram

Radeon settings tells me that the game runs at 70-80 fps without any drops, but there is a constant (slight) stuttering about every 1-2 seconds that makes the game pretty unplayable. Like small microlags that skip a few frames. A few times after starting the game it seemed to run smooth for about 30 seconds into the game but then went back to not being smooth at all.

Lowering settings makes zero difference. CPU usage is maybe around 40%, temps are good, drivers are up to date and I have no idea what the problem is. 

I've had a similar issue with Resident Evil 2, where it stuttered similarly with uncapped framerate but was fine at 60 fps, maybe this is related? Turning off freesync, trying the different vsync settings hasn't helped either.. any ideas here? Confused

Message 1 of 8 (545 Views)

Re: Constant stuttering despite sufficient specs?

★ Novice

Hi,

I have this problem too and I can't find any solutions how to fix it. If you find anything, let me know please! Standard smile

Message 2 of 8 (519 Views)

★★ Novice

Hey, 

I haven't looked into it enough to really confirm but something that seemed to make a difference for me was disabling freesync in the settings of my monitor, which I had only turned off in the driver before. Still it seemed like the stutter wasn't entirely gone but it was less exaggerated. Will have to do more testing tomorrow Sleepy

Message 3 of 8 (510 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same thing too.  It's very likely on their end rather than your specs. 

Message 4 of 8 (507 Views)

★★ Novice

I9 9900K OC to 5ghz

RTX 2080

970 Evo 1T

32G Gskil 3200

I am running Gsync stable 144 and I am getting the jitter effect constantly. A friend is experiencing the same thing. I am unsure what he is running.

Message 5 of 8 (484 Views)

★★ Novice

Yep, same issue. 1080 card and brand new gaming PC. Frames say I’m at a constant 145, but I get these stutters in gun fights. No fixes found yet.

Message 6 of 8 (461 Views)

★★ Novice

No fix for this eh?

I just tried again, started training and again it ran the way it should for a minute and then nothing but stutter stutter chop chop Disappointed

I'd like to play this game but it seems like I'm screwed

Message 7 of 8 (413 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have also had this issue.

I just saw an old titanfall 2 thread about this issue saying the game had a problem with 1000hz polling rates on mice. Try turn this down to 500hz and tell me how you get on. I am not at home so can't try myself. 

Message 8 of 8 (351 Views)